Esposito at the premiere of the film Sunday (2008)
April 11, 1973 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, dancer, model|
|Spouse(s)||Bradley Cooper (m. 2006–07)
Louis Dowler (m. 2014)
Jennifer Esposito (born April 11, 1973) is an American actress, dancer, and model, known for her appearances in the films I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Summer of Sam, and Crash, and in the television series Spin City, The Looney Tunes Show, Samantha Who?, and Blue Bloods.
Esposito made her first television appearance in Law & Order in 1996. She then joined the cast of Spin City, where she appeared for two seasons. She also appeared in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. One of her more notable roles was as Ruby in Spike Lee's Summer of Sam in 1999, which was set against the late-1970s backdrop of the Son of Sam murders. She was originally cast in the Mira Sorvino role, but had to take a different role due to scheduling conflicts. Esposito's next films included Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000, The Master of Disguise, and the 2004 film Taxi. Her most high-profile film role to date was as Don Cheadle's girlfriend Ria, in the Academy Award-winning film Crash.
Esposito joined the cast of Blue Bloods in 2010, during its first season; she played Detective Jackie Curatola, the partner of Detective Danny Reagan (played by Donnie Wahlberg). In the third season, Esposito entered a dispute with CBS regarding doctor's orders for her to cut back working hours due to her Celiac disease. After collapsing on set, requiring her to miss a week of work, Esposito informed CBS that her medical condition would limit her availability. Rather than work around her limited schedule, on October 20, 2012, CBS announced that her character was being placed on indefinite leave, and ultimately replaced her character. Esposito therefore only appeared in six episodes that season, but received starring billing in all of them. CBS would not let Esposito take another role as long as she was under contract with Blue Bloods. In 2014, she joined on Taxi Brooklyn.
Esposito announced that she had been diagnosed with celiac disease on The Late Show with David Letterman in October 2011. In 2012, she opened a gluten-free bakery called "Jennifer's Way Bakery" in Manhattan's East Village.
In 2009, Esposito became engaged to Australian tennis player Mark Philippoussis. The couple separated in August 2010. In May 2014, Esposito announced her engagement to British model Louis Dowler. They married on November 16, 2014 in New York City.
|1996||Sunshine Boys, TheThe Sunshine Boys||Jeannie||Television film|
|1997||Brother's Kiss, AA Brother's Kiss||Lucy|
|1997||Kiss Me, Guido||Debbie|
|1997||Brooklyn State of Mind, AA Brooklyn State of Mind||Donna Delgrosso|
|1998||No Looking Back||Teresa|
|1998||He Got Game||Ms. Janus|
|1998||Charlie Hoboken||Girl in church|
|1998||I Still Know What You Did Last Summer||Nancy|
|1999||Summer of Sam||Ruby|
|1999||Just One Time||Michelle|
|1999||Bachelor, TheThe Bachelor||Daphne|
|2001||Backflash||Olive Dee "Harley" Klintucker||Direct-to-video|
|2001||Proposal, TheThe Proposal||Susan Reese|
|2001||Don't Say a Word||Det. Sandra Cassidy|
|2001||Beyond the City Limits||Helena Toretti|
|2002||Welcome to Collinwood||Carmela|
|2002||Master of Disguise, TheThe Master of Disguise||Jennifer Baker|
|2004||Breakin' All the Rules||Rita Monroe|
|2004||Crash||Ria||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture
|2004||Taxi||Lt. Marta Robbins|
|2005||Snow Wonder||Pilar||Television film|
|2006||Jesus, Mary and Joey||Frankie Vitello|
|2009||Four Single Fathers||Suzanne|
|2010||Wish List, TheThe Wish List||Sarah||Television film|
|2012||Bending the Rules||Olivia Garcia|
|1995||City, TheThe City||Connie Soleito||Unknown episodes|
|1996||Law & Order||Gina Tucci||Episode: "Good Girl"|
|1997||Feds||Flo||Episode: "Crash and Burn"|
|1997–1999||Spin City||Stacey Paterno||Main cast (seasons 2–3); 36 episodes|
|1998||New York Undercover||Gina Stone||3 episodes|
|2000||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Sara Logan||Episode: "Remorse"|
|2004–2005||Judging Amy||Louann "Crystal" Turner||8 episodes|
|2005–2006||Related||Ginnie Sorelli||Main cast; 18 episodes|
|2006||Law & Order||Justine Bailey||Episode: "In Vino Veritas"|
|2007||Rescue Me||Nona||5 episodes|
|2007–2009||Samantha Who?||Andrea Belladonna||Main cast; 35 episodes|
|2010||Mercy||Jules Fattore||2 episodes|
|2010–2012||Blue Bloods||Jackie Curatola||Main cast (seasons 1–3); 46 episodes|
|2011–2012||Looney Tunes Show, TheThe Looney Tunes Show||Tina Russo (voice)||5 episodes|
|2014–present||Taxi Brooklyn||Monica Pena||Main cast|
|2009||Broadroom, TheThe Broadroom||Roan||Main cast; 4 episodes|
- Jennifer Esposito. "AskMen.com — Jennifer Esposito". Ca.askmen.com. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Jennifer Esposito Biography (1973?-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- Berg, S.Z. (September 25, 2012). "Jennifer Esposito Takes on a New Leading Role: Celiac Advocate". Huffington Post.
- Aussiello, Michael (21 October 2012). "Blue Bloods' Jennifer Esposito Departs Show, Slams CBS For Its 'Shameful Behavior'". TVLine.com via Yahoo News. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- Elavsky, Cindy (15 September 2014). "Celebrity Extra". King Features. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Jennifer Esposito Opening A Bakery".
- "Jennifer's Way Bakery - Gluten Free Bakery NYC, Jennifer Esposito". Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Jordan, Julie. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Esposito Marry, People, January 4, 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2008.
- Fromm, Emily. Jennifer Esposito, Bradley Cooper Split, People, May 2, 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2008.
- Reardanz, Karen (2007-08-28). "Daily Dish : Esposito/Cooper Marriage Dissolved". SFGate. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Mark Philippoussis engaged to Jennifer Esposito". The Sunday Telegraph. October 11, 2009.
- "Did Mark Philippoussis and Jennifer Esposito call off their engagement?". Popsugar.com.au. August 31, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- Joyce Eng. "Jennifer Esposito Engaged to Mark Philippoussis". TVGuide.com.
- "Bradley Cooper dissed as 'master manipulator' by ex-wife Jennifer Esposito?". Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Jennifer Esposito Is Married! Actress Weds Love Louis Dowler". Us Weekly. November 18, 2014. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- "Jennifer's Way - Learn to Live Again...Gluten Free". Jennifers Way. Retrieved 23 October 2014.