||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
Jennifer Leigh Hammon is an American-born actress.
Jennifer Hammon was born in Orlando, Florida and attended Winter Park High School in the early 1990s and was a member of International Thespian Society Troupe 850 (other notable alums include Amanda Bearse, Billy Gardell, and Ben Rock from The Blair Witch Project). She received her bachelor of fine arts degree from Florida State University, where she appeared in many theatrical productions. Ms. Hammon always knew that she wanted to be an actress; and at the age of 15, began auditioning and won the role of a "bubble-headed cheerleader" in cable's Super Force. Other television credits include "The Young and the Restless," and most recently she appeared in the television movie, Killing Mr. Griffin.
Jennifer studied acting at the famed Beverly Hills Playhouse. She was first noticed when she accepted the role of Dr. Karen Wexler Cates on the daytime soap operas "General Hospital" and "Port Charles" from 1997 to 1999. Hammon was the second actress to portray the role. She first declined the role but accepted after repeated offers from the network.
Theatrical credits include Parenthood, The Bodyguard and Wilder Napalm.
- Mach 2 (2001) as Gina Kendall
- Artie (2000) as Kristen
- Allyson Is Watching (1997) (as Jennifer Leigh Hammon) as Allyson Roper
- General Hospital (1997, 1999) as Karen Wexler Cates
- Port Charles (1997-1999) as Karen Wexler Cates
- Star Trek: Voyager ("Author, Author") (2001) as Female N.D.
- JAG ("Drop Zone") (2000) as Krista Barron
- Killing Mr. Griffin (1997) (TV Movie) as Bree Gunderson