||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (April 2010)|
|Fields||Futures studies, positive psychology,
education, integral theory,
World Futures Studies Federation
|Alma mater||University of Melbourne, Australia|
|Known for||Educational futures,
Evolution of consciousness,
Rudolf Steiner, Ken Wilber
Jennifer M. Gidley is an Australian psychologist, educator and futures researcher.
Gidley is the elected President of the World Futures Studies Federation (2009–2013). She is a futures studies researcher best known for her work in educational and youth futures, evolution of consciousness (sometimes referred to as spiritual evolution) and global socio-cultural change.
Gidley was lead researcher/author of the winning essay in the IAU/Palgrave International Essay Competition in Higher Education Policy Research. The winning entry was entitled From Access to Success: An Integrated Approach to Quality Higher Education informed by Social Inclusion Theory and Practice and was published in the first 2010 issue of the IAU/Palgrave Journal. She also serves on the editorial boards of several peer-reviewed academic journals.
Books and monographs
- Futures in Education: Principles, Practices and Potential, (Monograph No 5, The Strategic Foresight Monograph Series, 2004) (with Debra Bateman, Deakin University and Caroline Smith, ACU)
- La Universidad en Transformación: Perspectivas Globales sobre los Futuros de la Universidad. Comp. de S. (Barcelona, España: Pomares, 2003) (Spanish Translation) (with Sohail Inayatullah)
- Youth Futures: Comparative Research and Transformative Visions, (Praeger, Westport, Connecticut, 2002) (with Sohail Inayatullah)
- The University in Transformation: Global Perspectives on the Futures of the University, (Bergin &Garvey, Westport, Connecticut, 2000) (with Sohail Inayatullah)
Journal special issue editing
- Special issue of Futures: The Journal of Policy, Planning and Futures Studies (Forthcoming, 2010) on “Global Mindset Change” (co-edited with Rakesh Kapoor).
- Special issue of New Political Science (2009) on “The Changing Face of Political Ideologies in the Global Age” (co-edited with Manfred B. Steger).
- Special issue of Futures: The Journal of Policy, Planning and Futures Studies (1998, Vol. 30, No. 7) on The University – Alternative Futures” (co-edited with Sohail Inayatullah).
Selected academic journal articles
- An Other View of Integral Futures: De/reconstructing the IF Brand Futures: The journal of policy, planning and futures studies, 2010, Volume 42, Issue 4: 125-133.
- From Access to Success: An Integrated Approach to Quality Higher Education informed by Social Inclusion Theory and Practice Higher Education Policy, 2010, 23: 123-147.(co-authored with Gary P. Hampson, Leone Wheeler & Elleni Bereded-Samuel)
- Participatory futures methods: towards adaptability and resilience in climate-vulnerable communities Environmental Policy and Governance, Vol. 19, Issue 6, pp. 427–440. (co-authored with John Fien, Jodi-Anne Smith, Dana C. Thomsen and Timothy F. Smith
- A transversal dialogue on integral education and planetary consciousness: Markus Molz speaks with Jennifer Gidley, Integral Review: A Transdisciplinary and Transcultural Journal for New Thought, Research and Praxis, 2008, Issue 6, pp. 47–70. (with Markus Molz)
- The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative: An Integration of Integral Views, Integral Review: A Transdisciplinary and Transcultural Journal for New Thought, Research and Praxis, 2007, Issue 5, p. 4-226.
- “Educational Imperatives of the Evolution of Consciousness: The Integral Visions of Rudolf Steiner and Ken Wilber”, The International Journal of Children’s Spirituality, 2007, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 170–135.
- "The Evolution of Futures in School Education" Futures, 2005, Vol. 37, pp. 255–271.(co-authored with Gary Hampson)
- Giving Hope back to our Young People, Journal of Futures Studies, 2005 (Vol 9, No 3, Feb.), pp. 17–29.
- Globalization and its Impact on Youth, Journal of Futures Studies, 2001 (Vol 6, No 1, August), pp. 89–106.
- "An Intervention Targeting Hopelessness in Adolescents by Promoting Positive Future Images" Australian Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 2001 (Vol 11, No 1, November), 51-64.
- "Trends Transforming the University: Virtualize, Disappear or Transform" On the Horizon, 2000, Vol. 8, No. 2. pp. 1–6.(co-authored with Sohail Inayatullah)
- The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative
- The University in Transformation: Global Perspectives on the Futures of the University (Westport, Ct., Bergin and Garvey, 2000) (with Sohail Inayatullah)
- Youth Futures: Empirical Research and Transformative Visions (Westport, Ct. Praeger, 2002) (with Sohail Inayatullah)
- The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative: An Integration of Integral Views, Integral Review: A Transdisciplinary and Transcultural Journal for New Thought, Research and Praxis, 2007, Issue 5, p. 4-226
- IAU Website
- RMIT University Staffpages