|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2013)|
Awards and exhibitions
Vanderpool created an installation in 2012 for the Butler Institute of American Art entitled Hometown Story: Youngstown Steel Kitchens. The exhibition incorporated film, advertisements, and kitchen appliances, and addressed nostalgia, domesticity and gender roles.
In 2010, the Swedish Arts Council awarded Vanderpool's exhibition "Sagoberättelser" at Designarkivet, Nybro, Sweden an International Cultural Grant, while Malmö Stad awarded her a cultural grant for her exhibition "förgyllda trädgårda." That same year the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, City of Los Angeles and Durfee Foundation awarded Vanderpool a grant for exhibitions that took place in Los Angeles, California and Bogotá, Colombia.
In 2008, the Danish Arts Council awarded Vanderpool an artist grant for her exhibition "Once Upon a Tart" at RACA in Copenhagen, Denmark. Two years prior the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts awarded funding for Vanderpool's site specific installation in Tulsa, Oklahoma. 
Vanderpool taught at the University of California, Santa Barbara; University of California, Los Angeles; and the Otis College of Art and Design. She has been a visiting artist faculty at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia, as well as Olands Konst Skolan in Oland, Sweden.
Vanderpool holds an Independent, Interdisciplinary Ph.D. from the University of California Regents in the fields of Film and Media Studies, Comparative Literature and Interdisciplinary Humanities which was chaired by Dr. Colin Gardner and Dick Hebdige. She also holds an MFA in Spatial Studies and Critical Theory from the University of California at Santa Barbara, where she was a UC Regents Fellow. Vanderpool's other degrees include an MA in Modern Art and Architecture from Emory University, an MA in Community Art Intervention from The Ohio State University, and a BA in History from Wittenberg University.
- Starkey, David, "Creative Community Interview: Jennifer Vanderpool," January 14, 2011,<http://vimeo.com/20659968> Creative Community Interview
- Gray, Andy. Artist returns to Valley for kitchen exhibit, Tribune Chronicle, January 19, 2012
- Kasdin, Andrew, "Department of Cultural Affairs LA,"2011, pg. 15,<http://www.culturela.org/About_DCA/2011_DCA_ID.pdf>
- Watts, James D., "Artful Gardening," Tulsa World, September 23, 2006,<http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?no=subj&articleid=060923_Ho_D1_Artfu24975>
- Walker, Dana Sue, "Tour to Explore Tulsa's Artful Gardens," September 18, 2006, <http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?no=subj&articleid=060918_So_D2_Tourt44641>