IBM Almaden Research Center
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
|Alma mater||Cornell University(Ph.D, M.S.)
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music(B.S.)
|Thesis||Trace-Based Network Proof Systems: Expressiveness and Completeness (1987)|
|Notable awards||American Academy of Arts & Sciences Member (2009)
National Academy of Engineering Member (2005)
ACM Fellow (2005)
Guggenheim Foundation Fellow (2000)
Jennifer Widom is the chair of the Computer Science Department at Stanford University where she has worked on nontraditional data management. She is the Fletcher Jones Professor in Computer Science and a member of the National Academy of Engineering. She is the daughter of Harold Widom.
Widom has co-authored four academic textbooks, providing students with a beginning and advanced introduction to database systems. These books offer a comprehensive approach, focusing on database design, use, and implementation of applications and management systems. The course materials have been utilized at the junior, senior and graduate levels in Computer Science departments.
- Widom, Jennifer; (with H. Garcia-Molina and J. D. Ullman). Database Systems: The Complete Book, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2002. ISBN 978-0-13-031995-1
- Widom, Jennifer; (with J. D. Ullman). A First Course in Database Systems, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1997 and 2002. ISBN 978-0-13-035300-9
- Widom, Jennifer; (with H. Garcia-Molina and J.D. Ullman). Database System Implementation, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2000. ISBN 978-0-13-040264-6
- Widom, Jennifer; (with S. Ceri). Active Database Systems: Triggers and Rules for Advanced Database Processing, San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 1996. ISBN 978-1-55860-304-2
- "Jennifer Widom's home page".
- "Jennifer Widom elected to the National Academy of Engineering".
- Winslett, M. (September 2006). "Jennifer Widom Speaks Out". ACM SIGMOD Record (New York, NY, USA: The Association for Computing Machinery) 35 (3): 57–65. doi:10.1145/1168092.1168105.
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|