||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Born||Helen Mary Boyd
8 November 1947
Guildford, Surrey, England
|Occupation||Former Model, Author, Clinical Consultant.|
|Spouse(s)||Mick Fleetwood (m. 1970–74, 1976–78; divorced)
Ian Wallace (m. 1984–90s ;divorced)
Helen Mary Boyd, "Jenny Boyd", (born 8 November 1947 in Guildford, Surrey, England) is the daughter of Diana Frances Boyd and Colin Ian Langdon Boyd. She is best known from her short 1960's modeling career, but she quit modeling after discovering Transcendental Meditation, and she soon considered modeling a "waste of her time." She later became a clinical consultant and author. She is the younger sister of 1960s model and photographer, Pattie Boyd (first wife of Beatles' lead guitarist George Harrison and blues guitar legend Eric Clapton) and the older sister of Paula Boyd.
Early life and career
She was born as Helen Mary Boyd in Guildford, Surrey, England in November 1947.
Her older sister, Pattie, had a favorite childhood doll named Jenny, hence Helen's nickname. The first six years of Jenny's life were spent in Kenya, East Africa. In the mid-fifties, her family moved to London.
She was a free-lance model in the 1960s, and often accompanied her sister Pattie to modeling jobs.
She had a relationship with folk-rock singer Donovan, who wrote the song "Jennifer Juniper" about her. Boyd traveled with Donovan and her sister, Pattie Boyd, to Rishikesh, India, to attend a training session in Transcendental Meditation held by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1968. Later she shared an apartment with Magic Alex of Apple Corps's Apple Electronics subdivision. She also worked at the Apple Boutique in London.
Jenny was fifteen when she met drummer Mick Fleetwood, who, at the time, was in a band called the Bo Street Runners. From thereon, they began an on and off relationship that would last fifteen years. They eventually married in June 1970 and they had two daughters, Lucy and Amy. After divorcing Fleetwood (and remarrying and divorcing him a second time), Jenny married drummer Ian Wallace in 1984 but they later divorced. She has been the sister-in-law to both George Harrison and Eric Clapton through their respective marriages to her sister Pattie from 1966-1977 and 1979-1989 respectively.
- "Pattie Boyd". patriciaannboyd.webs.com. Retrieved December 2012.
- "Jenny Boyd". patriciaannboyd.webs.com. Retrieved December 2012.
- Boyd, Jenny; Holly George-Warren (1992). Musicians in tune : seventy-five contemporary musicians discuss the creative process. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-671-73440-7. OCLC 25984281.
- Lennon, Cynthia (10 February 2008). "The Beatles, the Maharishi and me". Sunday Times (London (UK)). p. 3.
- Martin Adelson, Lisa Adelson. "Jenny Boyd". fleetwoodmac.net. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Jenny Boyd, Holly George-Warren (1 May 1992). Musicians in Tune. Simon & Schuster. Retrieved 19 March 2013.