Jenny Cockell (born in 1953) is an English author who in the mid-1990s came to fame for her book about reincarnation called Across Time and Death: A Mother's Search for her Past Life Children (ISBN 0-671-88986-9). In the book, Cockell discusses her "past life memories" of life as Mary Sutton in early-20th century Ireland. The book chronicles Cockell's research into Sutton's life and Cockell's subsequent "reunion" with Sutton's children, some whom accept Cockell as the reincarnation of their mother.
In 2000, CBS aired Yesterday's Children, which was a made-for-TV movie adaptation of Cockell's book, with Jane Seymour in the title role. For the TV movie, however, Jenny Cockell was referred to as "Jenny Cole," and the story was slightly rewritten with Jenny Cole being an American as opposed to British citizen.
Cockell is also the author of Past Lives, Future Lives (ISBN 0-684-83216-X), in which she discussed her visions of what she believes will be her future lives, among these a girl, Nadja in Nepal around 2050.
- Yesterday’s Children: The Extraordinary Search for my Past Life Family, Piatkus, 1993
- Across Time and Death: A Mother's Search for Her Past Life Children, Piatkus, 1994
- Past Lives, Future Lives: One Woman's Extraordinary Experiences of Other Lifetimes, Piatkus, 1996
- Journeys Through Time: Uncovering My Past Lives, Piatkus, 2008
- Yesterday's Children at the Internet Movie Database
- New York Times review of Yesterday's Children
- Jenny Cockell on Vital Spark reincarnation site
- A Case of Reincarnation -- Reexamined
- Vies antérieures : les enfants retrouvés (interview de Jenny Cockell)
|This article about an English writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|