Mollen in April 2005
|Born||Jenny Ann Mollen
May 30, 1979
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jason Biggs (m. 2008)|
Jenny Mollen (born May 30, 1979) is an American actress, and New York Times best selling author. Best known for her portrayal of Nina Ash on the television series Angel. She also writes a humorous column for The Smoking Jacket, a website affiliated with Playboy, as well as an advice column for the Playboy site.
Jenny Mollen is an actress and New York Times bestselling author. She has also contributed to Playboy, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, and Grubstreet. She has been heralded by The Huffington Post as one of the funniest women on both Twitter (@jennyandteets) and Instagram (@jennyandteets2), and named one of Five Twitters to Follow by the New York Times.
Mollen was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, and has a sister and a brother. Her father is Jewish and she was raised culturally Jewish. She graduated from UCLA's School of Theater, Film, and Television. While there she broke into the film industry. Her father, osteopathic physician Dr. Art Mollen, has published five books on health topics and has appeared as a health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show and other media outlets.
In 2005, Mollen announced in an interview about her plans to perform in London in a play she wrote about her dog.
In January 2013, Mollen's signed with St. Martin's Press to write a book of comedic essays, I Like You Just The Way I Am. The book reached the New York Times Best Seller list on its debut in June 2014. The book also made the USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and other best-seller lists.
Mollen married actor Jason Biggs at City Hall in Los Angeles, California, on April 23, 2008, then had a second wedding ceremony in California's Napa Valley in mid-June. They had met while filming My Best Friend's Girl. In July 2013, Biggs and Mollen announced they were expecting their first child. Their son, Sid, was born on February 15, 2014.
|2003||Billy Makes The Cut ||Ashley|
|2003||Searching for Haizmann ||Grace Robin|
|2004||The Raven ||Lenna||Short film|
|2005||Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave||Jenny|
|2005||Fear Itself ||Wendy|
|2006||Ring Around the Rosie ||Wendy Baldwin||Video|
|2006||National Lampoon's Cattle Call||Marina Del|
|2008||My Best Friend's Girl||Colleen, the new girl|
|2008||Off the Ledge||Amber-Elizabeth|
|2011||Crazy, Stupid, Love||Lisa|
|2009-2009||The Law Can Be Inconvenient||Amber Holden|
|2000||18 Wheels of Justice ||Susan Curran||The Nashville Network|
|2001||Strong Medicine||Blonde (episode "Black 'n' Flu")|
|2003–2004||Angel||Nina Ash (episodes "Unleashed", 2003; "Smile Time", "Power Play", 2004)|
|2006||Medium||Lydia Kyne (episode "Method to His Madness")|
|2007||Viva Laughlin (2007)||Geneva's sister||Unaired episodes|
|2011||CSI: NY||Det. Angela Sayer|
- "Jenny Mollen Biography (1979–)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Mollen, Jenny. "What She Said". The Smoking Jacket. Playboy. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- "An interview with Jenny Mollen". Return of the Living Dead official website. Archived from the original on April 8, 2005. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Tropiano, Dolores (November 2010). "Dr. Art Mollen". Phoenix Magazine. p. 43. Archived from the original on July 18, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Interfaith Family: "Hollywood Now: The Monuments Men, Teller Directs, Jason Biggs Throws a Bark Mitzvah" By Gerri Miller February 5, 2014
- "Jenny Mollen as Kim". FX Networks. 2013, n.d. Retrieved July 18, 2013. Check date values in:
- Fauskee, Katie (January 14, 2013). "Comedian Jenny Mollen Signs Deal For Chelsea Handler-Like Book (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on February 6, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Best Sellers: Combines Print & E-Book Fiction". The New York Times. July 6, 2014.
- Lambert, Suzanne Condie (July 16, 2008). "'We Do,' Again". (Fourth item down) The Arizona Republic. Archived from the original on July 18, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Rothman, Michael (July 18, 2013). "Jason Biggs Expecting First Child With Jenny Mollen". ABC News. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Gonzalez, Maricela (July 18, 2013). "Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen to be first-time parents". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Parker, Heidi (18 February 2014). "Woah, baby! Jason Biggs shares video from INSIDE labour ward as wife gives birth to boy Sid". DailyMail. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Jenny Mollen – IMDb". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved June 19, 2014.