Jenny Phillips (born 1949) is recognised as one of the world's premier botanical artists, and the founding director of the Botanical Art School of Melbourne.
She teaches Master Classes at the Orient-Express Hotels worldwide, at the Chelsea Physic Gardens, London and at the New York Botanic Gardens. Jenny has also been invited to speak at the Getty Museum, Hunt Institute and ASBA Conference.
She is the recipient of the Celia Rosser Award - 2009 Botanicasia Exhibition in Melbourne, a Gold Medallist from The Australian National Print Awards 1998 and has received The Royal Horticultural Society, Gold Award, London 1993
Acknowledgement of Jenny's contribution to contemporary botanical art has come in the form of being made:
- Fellow of the Linnean Society, London UK
- Hon Member of the Chelsea Physic Garden Florilegium Society, UK
- Hon Director - American Society of Botanical Art, USA
- Hon Member - Brooklyn Botanic Gardens Florilegium Society, USA
- 1978 - Joshua McClelland Print Room
- 2006 - London's Tryon Gallery
- 2009 - Botanicasia Exhibition, Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne
- 12 November 2010 - 6 February 2011 - Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Mornington VIC Australia.
- The Highgrove Florilegium - The Prince of Wales Trust UK
- Government House Florilegium, Melbourne
- The Filoli Florilegium - San Francisco USA
- The Hunt Institute Collection - Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh USA
- Dr Shirley Sherwood's Private Collection UK. This collection can be viewed in Dr Sherwood's two books, 'Contemporary Botanical Artists' and 'A Passion for Plants'.
Published in the following
- Dr Shirley Sherwood's books
- Stumbling on Melons
- National Trust Diaries of Australia, also featuring the works of her students