||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
Jenny Shimizu at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival
June 16, 1967 |
San Jose, California, U.S.
While working as a mechanic she was approached to model for the Calvin Klein CK1 fragrance ads and model Calvin Klein fashions. She later was featured in the Banana Republic 'American Beauty' campaign.
In 2005, she appeared in Sky documentary Power Lesbian UK (broadcast as Power Lesbians on Logo which profiled successful lesbians in Los Angeles), where she married Rebecca Loos. She appeared on Tyra Banks's reality show America's Next Top Model in that year. She was voted "sexiest woman" in a 2005 poll by gay publication The Pink Paper.
Shimizu had a supporting role in Jamie Babbit's 2007 film Itty Bitty Titty Committee. She was also one of the stars of Foxfire, alongside Angelina Jolie. Shimizu appeared in the third season of the here! original series Dante's Cove.
In January 2007, Shimizu described an intimate relationship she had with Madonna, claiming that Madonna would fly her to destinations across the world for sexual liaisons. "I was her secret 'booty call' available any time of the day or night for secret sex sessions." She also had a sexual relationship with Angelina Jolie, as Jolie has confirmed. "I fell in love with her the first second I saw her," Jolie admitted of her Foxfire (1996) co-star. "I would probably have married Jenny if I hadn't married my [first] husband (Jonny Lee Miller)."
- "Jenny Shimizu & Rebecca Loos: what's the story?", by Jane Czyzselka, Diva magazine, November 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- Kregloe, Karman (2007-05-29). "Review of "Itty Bitty Titty Committee"". AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-20. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- Nikki Taylor, Judges Dropped from Season 2 Of MMAS Realityblurred.com, January 7, 2009.
- Grew, Tony (2007-01-15). "Model's tell-all book reveals Madonna and Jolie lesbian affairs". Pinknews.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- 'Tis the Season to Be Jolie. Girlfriends Magazine. December 1997.
- Jenny Shimizu on Myspace
- Jenny Shimizu at the Internet Movie Database
- Jenny Shimizu at the Fashion Model Directory
- Interview with Jenny Shimizu and Rebecca Loos for DIVA lesbian magazine
- Interview with Jenny Shimizu for TokyoWrestling.com lesbian webzine