Jerónimo Morales Neumann
Jerónimo playing for Adelaide United in 2013
|Full name||Jerónimo Morales Neumann|
|Date of birth||3 June 1986|
|Place of birth||Godoy Cruz, Mendoza, Argentina|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jerónimo signed for Barnsley on 29 July 2010, signing a one-year contract with an option of a second year. He had been on trial with the South Yorkshire outfit prior to signing a permanent deal, making two appearances in pre-season games against Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday. His first appearance for Barnsley after signing on a one-year contract, was on the same day against non-league Buxton, where he scored his first goal for the club, in a friendly match.
On 10 August 2012, it was announced Jerónimo had agreed to terms with Australian club Adelaide United on a one-year contract pending a successful medical clearance. Jerónimo scored his first goal for the club in Adelaide United's 3–2 away leg loss to FC Bunyodkor in the clubs' 2012 AFC Champions League campaign. Jerónimo scored within 40 seconds of being introduced as a substitute in the 61st minute. In Round 1, he supplied a clinical ball to Dario Vidošić for the first goal, 50 seconds into the match against Newcastle Jets. Adelaide United won the match 0–2. He was subsequently named Man of the Match.
A week later he scored his first A-League goal against Western Sydney Wanderers in Adelaide on 12 October, making amends for a penalty he had earlier missed. The goal was somewhat historic, as it was the first-ever goal the Wanderers had conceded in the A-League. On 27 October, Jerónimo supplied an assist and scored two of Adelaide United's goals to help Adelaide United to a 3–1 come-from-behind victory over Wellington Phoenix at Hindmarsh Stadium in Round 4. The match was embroiled in controversy with Adelaide being awarded an offside goal. The referee later adjudged Jerónimo to be illegally tackled, which led to Wellington Phoenix defender Ben Sigmund being red carded. The Australian media judged that while Sigmund did foul Jerónimo after making contact with him, Jerónimo fell down theatrically.
It was revealed that Jerónimo was originally signed as a loan player from Paraguay club Sol de América, and was released from his contract on 12 December 2012, allowing the Argentine forward to sign on for a further two-years with the Adelaide United.
- Reds sign a second Argentine. goalweekly.com. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Barnsley Media Announcements. barnsleyfc.co.uk.
- Match report – Barnsley – Buxton. barnsleyfc.co.uk.
- Adelaide sign a second Argentine. footballaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Phoenixs unbeaten run ends against Adelaide. stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Brooks, Rob. "Cheats, divers and handballs". ESPN. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Howcroft, Jonathan. "A-League's Kafkaesque system spares Jeronimo". BackPageLead. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Jeronimo to remain a Red till 2015". Adelaide United FC (Football Federation Australia). 13 December 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Jeronimo joins Jets". Football Federation Australia. 18 July 2014.