Jerash Private University
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2012)|
|Chairman||Dr. Abdul Hamid Majali|
|President||Dr. Nayef Gharaibeh|
200 acres (0.81 km2)
|Colors||Green and Brown [a]
|Affiliations||IAU, FUIW, AArU|
Jerash Private University (Arabic: جامعة جرش الأهلية) is the only university in Jerash Governorate, Jordan, located about 5 km from Jerash city center. The university offers undergraduate degrees in Arts and science.
There were ten colleges in the university in 2012:
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Literature: Offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in Arabic language and English language and literature.
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Science
- Faculty of Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Shari'a (Islamic Studies): established in 1993, and offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in Islamic studies.
- Faculty of Agriculture: the only private university in Jordan that offers a degree in agricultural sciences 
- Faculty of Law
The university library is composed of five halls containing 108,000 books and offers the university students access to 168 accredited journals.
- University Language Center
|This Jordanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|