George at Iowa State in 2013.
|No. 54 Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Date of birth:||January 24, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Clearwater, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||219 lb (99 kg)|
|High school:||Clearwater (FL)|
|NFL draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 154|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com
Jeremiah George (born January 24, 1992) is an American football linebacker for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New York Jets in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Iowa State.
High school career
A native of Clearwater, Florida, George attended Clearwater High School. He recorded over 150 tackles as a senior, was the team’s leading rusher with 512 yards and five touchdowns, and was named the 2009 St. Petersburg Times Pinellas County Defensive Player of the Year. As a junior, he recorded 94 tackles, 12 for loss, four sacks and an interception for the Tornadoes.
George attended Iowa State University where he played for the Iowa State Cyclones football team from 2010 to 2013. As a true freshman in 2010, he played in nine games finishing with four tackles. In 2011, he played in all 13 games, appearing mostly on special teams, he recorded one tackle. In 2012, starting nine games, he finished third on the team with 87 tackles, including four tackles for loss and three pass break-ups. As a senior in 2013, George led the Big-12 in tackles with 133, becoming one of only three Cyclones to do so. He also led the team in tackles for loss (12.0), forced fumbles (3), sacks (3.5) and interceptions (2), and was named a first-team All-Big 12 selection.
2014 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in||234 lb||317⁄8 in||91⁄4 in||4.91 s||1.69 s||2.70 s||33 in||9 ft 8 in||28 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine.|
New York Jets
George was drafted by the New York Jets in the fifth round (154th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract on May 15, 2014. He was released on September 1, 2014 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
- Times' all-Pinellas County football
- Jeremiah George – Yahoo Sports
- ISU linebacker Jeremiah George named All-Big 12, eyes Pro Day
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout Profile
- Jets pick inside linebacker Jeremiah George of Iowa State in fifth round
- Alper, Josh (May 15, 2014). "Jets sign Jeremiah George". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- Lange, Randy (September 1, 2014). "Jets Acquires WR Walter Powell on Waivers". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Slater, Darryl (September 2, 2014). "Jets complete practice squad by adding rookies Quincy Enunwa, Jeremiah George". NJ.com. Archived from the original on September 2, 2014. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Associated Press (September 23, 2014). "Jaguars sign linebacker Jeremiah George, tight end Nic Jacobs off practice squads". Fox News. Archived from the original on September 30, 2014. Retrieved September 30, 2014.