||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2014)|
Jeremy Annear (born 1949) is an English painter from Exeter and is a late generation Modern British Artist. He is married and lives with his wife, the painter Judy Buxton, and his daughter on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. He describes himself as a European Modernist and has painted within that genre all his life. Early exposure to St Ives Abstraction (Ben Nicholson, Barbara Hepworth, Peter Lanyon, Roger Hilton, Terry Frost etc.) had a profound influence on him in his early teens and an abiding love of 20th-century European Art in particular the work of Picasso, Braque, Poliakoff, Klee, and Miró have left their mark on him and his work. He has worked extensively in Germany and Australia and has absorbed influences in his work from both these cultures.
Publications, awards, etc.
- 2011"Exhibition Catalogue 'The Eye of The Spirit' essay by Andrew Lambirth Art Critic of 'The Spectator' ISBN 978-1-905883-93-6 publication no: CCCI published by David Messum Fine art
- 2010"Exhibition Catalogue-Forensic Traces"Campden Gallery, Chipping Campden,Gloucestershire.Essay 'Forensic Traces' by Andrew Lambirth, Writer and Curator currently Art Critic of 'The Spectator". ISBN 978-0-9562719-4-5 First Published in 2010 by Campden Gallery.
- 2009 Exhibition Catalogue Messums, Cork Street London W1.(Forward by Nicholas Usherwood, Features Editor, Galleries Magazine. Essay, 'Silent Harmonies: The Art of Jeremy Annear' Dr Jane Hamilton. ISBN 978-1-905883-44-8 Publication no.CCXLXII Published by David Messum Fine Art.
- 2007 Exhibition Catalogue New Millennium Gallery (Forward by David Falconer)
- 2007 Painting, European Modernism and the Cornish Art Scene in the 80's Interview with Rupert White. www.artcornwall.org.
- 2004 Exhibition Catalogue New Millennium Gallery (Foreword by James Aitchison and The Meeting a poem written for the catalogue by Robert Vas Dias)
- 2002 Catching the Wave - Contemporary Art and Artists in Cornwall by Tom Cross (Published by Halsgrove 2002. ISBN 1-84114-207-7)
- 2002 Exhibition Catalogue. New Works, Messums Contemporary
- 2001 Galleries Review. Showing in St Ives, Petronilla Silver
- 2000 Exhibition catalogue (Foreword by Norbert Lynton ISBN 1-871208-94-7), Messum Contemporary
- 1998/97 Exhibition Catalogue, David Messum Gallery (Forward by John Russel Taylor ISBN 1-871208-43-2)
- 1996 Drawing towards the End of the Century, Newlyn Society of Artists Publication ISBN 0-9527685-0-X.
- 1994 St. Ives Revisited - innovators and followers by Peter Davis (Bakehouse Publications)
- 1991 Award Kreissparkasse, Bremen, Germany
- 1991/92 DAAD Scholarship (Atelierhaus Worpswede) Germany
- 1991/92 Atelierhaus Worpswede (Worpswede Verlag ISBN 3-89299-164-2)
- Artsound.co.uk A collaboration with composer Jim Aitcheson the production company Coleridge Productions 2003-2005 the musician Andy Russo and the chamber groups The Coull Quartet and The Sacconi Quartet.
- "Jeremy Annear on Painting, European modernism, and the Cornish art scene in the 80s". artcornwall. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Untitled Abstract in Blue and Grey, BBC Your Paintings. Retrieved 2014-01-21.