||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2013)|
17 February 1971
|Occupation||Actor, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Lydia Metz (2009-present)|
Edwards has a degree in 'Politics and Public Administration' from Manchester Metropolitan University, and his previous jobs have included modelling for Armani and Vogue Hommes and a television researcher as well as an accountant. He also delivered burgers on roller skates in Soho and washed up at the canteen at Reading railway station for a week.
In 2007, Edwards was quoted
|“||I was a merchant banker once... walked out within a month... couldn't stand the snobbery, the wine bars, the suits and the Tube in the morning.||”|
Edwards played Kurt Benson in the soap opera, Hollyoaks on Channel 4, from 1995 to 1999 before appearing in the BBC medical drama television serial Holby City, in which he played Danny Shaughnessy from 1999 to 2003.
In 2006, he appeared in a special Comic Relief performance of Little Britain Live. Edwards' participation featured unintentional nudity, when David Walliams's character Des Kay pulled down his pants.
On 12 February 2008, he appeared as an armed police inspector named Fraser in the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, who tried to apprehend Sam Dingle after he was seen to have committed an armed robbery and, still possessing the firearm, had gone on the run with his young son, Samson.
On 5 January 2009, it was announced on This Morning that he would be taking part in the new series of Dancing On Ice. He was partnered with Darya Nucci. However, he was eliminated in the third week of the show after losing in the skate-off to Ellery Hanley.
Edwards married Lydia Metz on 2 May 2009.
Jeremy Edwards has a Boston Terrier called 'Molly'.
- "MMU produces new TV star". www.sci-eng.mmu.ac.uk. 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Newman, Sara (12 January 2007). "The 5-Minute Interview: Jeremy Edwards, Actor". Independent (London). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Mccormack, Kirsty (30 August 2011). "'I don't see any shame in doing manual labour... I'm happy to graft to pay the bills' says former Holby City star Jeremy Edwards". www.dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Merritt, Stephanie (26 November 2006). "New balls please". www.theguardian.com. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Hemley, Matthew (29 January 2007). "ITV1 to offer sneak previews of Corrie and Emmerdale". www.broadcastnow.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Keal, Graham (14 November 2007). "Jeremy Edwards On His New TV Cooking Show". www.dailyrecord.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Griffin, Angela (6 November 2009). "Angela Griffin: Me And My Friends". blogs.mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "From Socks to Fedora, It's Jeremy". Jerotic.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- "Jeremy Edwards on The Wright Stuff Channel 57". YouTube. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Kilkelly, Daniel; Parker-Williams, Amie (4 October 4, 2013). "'Hollyoaks' Jeremy Edwards on Kurt's shock return: 'I was amazed'". www.digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Cole, Angela (9 December 2011). "Aladdin in Maidstone". www.kentonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Lloyd, Stephen (21 November 2013). "Dick Whittington panto stars get Fleet in the Christmas spirit". www.gethampshire.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- McCafferty, Nicola (13 May 2009). "Wedding Exclusive Kian and Jodi". www.ok.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Rachel Stevens Seeing Ex After Split". www.contactmusic.com. 24 August 2003. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Agility for dogs". www.primarytimes.net. 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2014.