Jeremy J. C. Mallinson OBE is a conservationist associated with the Durell Wildlife Park and Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust. He joined the zoo in 1960, but his great dedication saw him become Head of Mammals, and ultimately the Director of the Trust when he retired in 2002. Jeremy Mallinson was awarded the OBE in 1997 for services rendered unto conservation. He was also awarded the Wildlife Conservation Award from the Zoological Society of San Diego upon retirement in 2002. Mallinson was a close personal friend of Gerald Durrell, the founder of the Durell Wildlife Park and Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust.
Jeremy Mallinson has authored books about his animal experiences at the zoo and on animal collecting or conservation missions for the Trust. He has also published a book on book frontispieces and cover pages dedicated to him by personal friends Gerald Durrell and Lawrence Durrell. He has also brought out his first novel in 2004 - The Count's Cats - which was received favourably by the media.
- Okavango Adventure: In Search of Animals in Southern Africa, David and Charles Group, (1973), ISBN 0-7153-6259-3
- Earning Your Living with Animals, David and Charles Group, (1975) ISBN 0-7153-6760-9
- The Shadow of Extinction: Europe's Threatened Wild Mammals (illustrated by Don Cordery), Macmillan, (1978) ISBN 0-333-19214-1
- The Facts About a Zoo: Featuring the Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust (photographs by Al Vandenburg), Carlton Books, (1980), ISBN 0-233-97239-0
- Travels in Search of Endangered Species, David and Charles Group, (1989), ISBN 0-7153-9346-4
- The Count's Cats, Llumina Press, (2004), ISBN 1-932560-81-5
- Such Agreeable Friends: Adventures with Animals, Universe Books, (1977), ISBN 0-87663-302-5
- Modern Classic Animal Stories, David and Charles Group, (1977), ISBN 0-7153-7433-8
- "Durrelliania": An Illustrated Checklist of Inscribed Books of Lawrence Durrell and Gerald Durrell and Associated Publications, Letters and Notes in the Library of Jeremy J.C. Mallinson, Privately printed first edition, (1999), other edition ISBN 1-900375-04-4