Mincey in the 2013 NFL post-season.
No. 92 Dallas Cowboys
|Date of birth:December 14, 1983|
|Place of birth: Statesboro, Georgia|
|High school: Statesboro (GA)|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 6 / Pick: 191|
|Debuted in 2007 for the Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2013
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Jeremy Lamar Mincey (born December 14, 1983) is an American football defensive end for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida. Mincey was selected by the New England Patriots in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft, and has played for the NFL's San Francisco 49ers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Denver Broncos.
Mincey was born in Statesboro, Georgia in 1983. He attended Statesboro High School, where he was a letterman in football and basketball for the Statesboro Blue Devils. Mincey graduated from Statesboro High in 2002.
Mincey attended Butler County Community College, in El Dorado, Kansas, from 2002 to 2003. He was recognized as a first-team all-conference, after tallying fifty-nine total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, four quarterback sacks, one interception, two pass breakups, three forced fumbles, four recovered fumbles and one sack for a safety. Rivals.com rated Mincey as the No. 18 junior college player in the country.
After his sophomore year, he accepted an athletic scholarship to transfer to the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Ron Zook and coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football teams in 2004 and 2005. As a senior team captain in 2005, Mincey earned second-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) honors when he ranked fourth on the team with sixty-two tackles and second with 10.5 tackles for a loss. He started in all twenty-four games in which he played for the Gators.
Mincey graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in health and human performance in 2007.
The New England Patriots selected Mincey in the sixth round (191st pick overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft, and made the team roster for the San Francisco 49ers, but did not appear in any of the 49ers' regular season games in 2006.
Mincey was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on December 14, 2006 off the San Francisco 49ers' practice squad. In 2007, he played in six regular season games and two playoff games and finished with twelve tackles (seven solo), one quarterback sack and six quarterback pressures. He saw action in three of the Jaguars' games in 2008.
He was injured and waived on August 26, 2009, and subsequently reverted to injured reserve list and did not play during the 2009 season. In 2010, Mincey played in fifteen games, started eight of them, while compiling thirty-one tackles and three pass deflections. He started all sixteen games and compiled eight sacks during the 2011 season, which led the team. Faced with free agency, Mincey signed a new four-year contract with the Jaguars on March 13, 2012.
On December 13, 2013, the Jaguars released Mincey.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Jeremy Mincey. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2005 Roster, Jeremy Mincey. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 97, 98, 125, 184 (2011). Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 2006 National Football League Draft. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- National Football League, Current Players, Jeremy Mincey. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- Will Brinson, "Jaguars re-sign DE Jeremy Mincey and S Dwight Lowery," CBSSports.com (March 2012). Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- Jaguars release DE Jeremy Mincey
- Gantt, Darin (December 17, 2013). "Broncos add former Jaguars problem Jeremy Mincey". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Florida Gators
- History of the Jacksonville Jaguars
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Jeremy Mincey – Florida Gators player profile
- Jeremy Mincey – Denver Broncos player profile
- Jeremy Mincey – Jacksonville Jaguars player profile