Ross during his time at California.
No. 12 Detroit Lions
|Wide receiver / Return specialist|
|Date of birth:March 16, 1988|
|Place of birth: Sacramento, California|
|High school: Laguna Creek (CA)|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Green Bay Packers|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
Jeremy Spencer Ross (born March 16, 1988) is an American football wide receiver and return specialist for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at California.
New England Patriots
Ross signed with the New England Patriots on July 25, 2011 after going unselected in the 2011 NFL Draft. The Patriots released him on August 30 for final roster cuts before the start the regular season.
Green Bay Packers
The Green Bay Packers signed Ross to their practice squad on October 17, 2012. He was promoted to the team's active roster on December 1. He committed a crucial muff on a punt return in a playoff-game loss to the San Francisco 49ers on January 12, 2013, which resulted in a 49ers' touchdown.
Ross was released by the Packers on September 23, 2013 after committing a crucial fumble on a kickoff in the first quarter of the previous day's game, which led to a Cincinnati Bengals' touchdown. He played in eight regular-season games for the Packers over the past two seasons, averaged 17.9 yards on nine kickoff returns, 20.5 yards on six punt returns and made one catch for 8 yards.
Ross was signed to the practice squad of the Detroit Lions on October 7, 2013. He was promoted off the Lions' practice squad to the active roster on October 19, 2013, following an injury to wide receiver Nate Burleson.
Since signing, he has played a role as a slot receiver and kick returner. He contributed to the Lions' 40-10 Thanksgiving Day victory over his former team, the Green Bay Packers, on November 28, 2013. In that game, he scored his first career NFL touchdown on a 5-yard pass from Matthew Stafford, and he had one run for 24 yards to pick up a first down.
Since signing off the practice squad he has recorded 5 receptions for 59 yards and 1 TD, 1 run for 24 yards, 8 punt returns for 159 yards, and 10 kickoff returns for 335 yards.
During a game against the Philadelphia Eagles on December 8, 2013, Ross scored touchdowns on both a punt return and a kickoff return. This made him the first Lions player to do so since Eddie Payton did it on December 17, 1977.
- Reports: Patriots Sign Undrafted Free Agents Corey Woods and Jeremy Ross
- Patriots release LB Marques Murrell and WR Jeremy Ross
- Colts put two defensive starters on IR
- Green Bay Packers Sign Jeremy Ross And Drew Vanderlin To Practice Squad
- "Packers sign two from practice squad". Packers.com. December 1, 2012. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- "Packers release WR Jeremy Ross". Packers.com. September 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- Wilkening, Mike (September 23, 2013). "Packers release Jeremy Ross". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- Lions to sign Jeremy Ross to practice squad
- Twentyman, Tim (October 19, 2013). "Lions promote WR Jeremy Ross from practice squad; release TE Dorin Dickerson". DetroitLions.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- Detroit Lions destroy Green Bay Packers in a Motown Turkey Day showdown Associated Press wire reports, retrieved from nfl.com on 2 December 2013.
- Katzenstein, Josh. "Lions vs. Eagles updates: Philadelphia rolls to win with 34 second-half points". The Detroit News. The Detroit News. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- California Golden Bears bio
- Detroit Lions bio
- Indianapolis Colts bio
- New England Patriots bio
- ESPN Player Stats