Jeremy "ShoeMoney" Schoemaker (born May 31, 1974) is a web entrepreneur, founder of NextPimp.com and ShoeMoney Media, and co-founder of the AuctionAds service. He is a frequent speaker at search engine marketing and affiliate conferences. He also co-founded the Elite Retreat, an annual industry expert conference, with Lee Dodd.
Education and Career
While in attendance at Western Illinois University, Schoemaker founded his first business, making Macintosh gaming sites. At its peak, NextPimp.com saw an average of 150,000 unique views per day. Schoemaker also started his blog, ShoeMoney, in 2003, in which he journals about how to make a living from the Internet, including direct ad sales and affiliate marketing. ShoeMoney’s blog was named Best Affiliate Marketing Blog of 2006 by Search Engine Journal. In 2010, Schoemaker won Fast Company’s Influence Project, getting more than 500,000 clicks by tapping into his online followers .
In March 2007, Schoemaker and his business partner David Dellanave launched AuctionAds, an eBay affiliate affiliate service that allows users to display live eBay auctions on their websites. The service was named the “eBay Most Innovative Application-Buyer” at the 6th annual eBay Developers Conference. In July 2007, Schoemaker sold his majority ownership in AuctionAds to the performance marketing company MediaWhiz.
On April 7, 2009, ShoeMoney Media Group filed suit against Keyen Farrell, a Google Adwords account specialist, to protect the ShoeMoney Trademark. Farrell was affiliated with a website using the term “shoemoney” in its advertisements without authorization from the ShoeMoney Media Group. In June 2007, Farrell countersued Schoemaker for defamation of reputation. Farrel withdrew his counter-suit in July and the case was settled in August, 2009.
Schoemaker routinely raises money for charity by hosting an auction in which he agrees to wear the winning company’s branded t-shirt exclusively to an Affiliate Summit event. He began hosting these auctions in 2009, and has now raised over $80,000.
- ShoeMoney Blog, About
- Barbara Soderlin (January 16, 2013). "'Shoemoney' has made a bundle, sure, but now he's building 'a real company'". Omaha World Herald. Retrieved January 2013.
- Personal Branding, Interview Jeremy Schoemaker
- "The Elite Retreat Brings its Innovative E-Commerce Power to San Francisco". January 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-15. "the Elite Retreat, founded by Jeremy "Shoemoney" Schoemaker and Lee Dodd ..."
- slate.com, Blogging for Dollars, How do bloggers make money?
- Performance Marketing Insider, Jeremy Schoemaker Information
- Entrepreneurs-Journey.com, Podcast: How did Jeremy “Shoemoney” Schoemaker Get To Where He Is Today?
- Loren Baker (January 5, 2007). "Shoemoney : Best Affiliate Marketing Blog of 2006". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2007-11-15.
- Mark Borden (November 1, 2010). "Measuring Influence One Click at a Time". Fast Company. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- MediaWhiz Blog, MediaWhiz Division AuctionAds Win eBay Star Developer Award for “Most Innovative Application-Buyer
- Matomy Media
- Nick Gonzalez (July 27, 2007). "MediaWhiz Buys Another Ad Startup, AuctionAds". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved November 2007.
- Media Group Files Suit to Protect ShoeMoney Trademark
- Jason Kincaid (June 8, 2009). Google Employee Countersues ShoeMoney for Defamation "Google Employee Countersues ShoeMoney fo Defamation". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved November 2012.
- Jason Kincaid (August 8, 2009). "ShoeMoney Reaches Settlement with Google Employee Over AdWords Violations". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved November 2012.
- AffiliateTip Blog, ShoeMoney Raises $10,100 For Charity
- Jenise Uehara Henrikson (January 15, 2013). "Shoemoney Hits the $80,000 Mark for Charity". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved February 2013.