Jeremy Smith (ice hockey)
April 13, 1989 |
Dearborn, MI, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||165 lb (75 kg; 11 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|Columbus Blue Jackets
Springfield Falcons (AHL)
|NHL Draft||54th overall, 2007
Jeremy Smith (born April 13, 1989) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender. He is currently playing with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League (AHL), while under contract to the Columbus Blue Jackets of the National Hockey League (NHL). Smith was selected in the second round, 54th overall, by the Nashville Predators in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Since turning professional in the 2009–10 season, Smith, while within the Predators organization, has been shuffled between the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL and the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.
On July 5, 2013, Smith signed a one-year contract as a free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Awards and honors
- OHL Dave Pinkney Trophy - Top Team Goaltending (2006–07) (Shared with Michal Neuvirth)
- ECHL Kelly Cup Champion, winning with the Cincinnati Cyclones (2010)
- ECHL Kelly Cup Playoff MVP (2010) (Shared with Robert Mayer)
- Jeremy Smith's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Jeremy Smith's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- PlayersProfile.com: Jeremy Smith
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|