Tyler during his tenure with Tokyo Apache
|No. 4 – New York Knicks|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
June 21, 1991 |
San Diego, California
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||San Diego (San Diego, California)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 39th overall|
|Selected by the Charlotte Bobcats|
|Pro playing career||2009–present|
|2009–2010||Maccabi Haifa (Israel)|
|2010–2011||Tokyo Apache (Japan)|
|2011–2013||Golden State Warriors|
|2012||→Dakota Wizards (D-League)|
|2012–2013||→Santa Cruz Warriors (D-League)|
|2013||Santa Cruz Warriors (D-League)|
|2013||Erie BayHawks (D-League)|
|2013–present||New York Knicks|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Jeremy Miles Tyler (born June 21, 1991) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Tyler was drafted with the 39th pick in the 2011 NBA draft by the Charlotte Bobcats but immediately traded to the Golden State Warriors. Tyler was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in 2013.
High school career
In April 2009, Tyler announced his intentions to skip his senior year of high school to play professionally abroad. On August 23, 2009, he signed with Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Super League for the 2009–10 season.
On March 19, 2010, he parted ways with Maccabi due to personal matters and headed home to San Diego. Tyler played just 10 games, averaging only 2.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 7.6 minutes per game.
On July 29, 2010, Tyler signed with the Tokyo Apache of Japan for the 2010–11 season. In 33 games, he averaged 9.9 points on 51.7% shooting and 6.4 rebounds in 15.4 minutes per game. The Apache would dissolve soon after he left due to the impact of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
Tyler was selected with the 39th overall pick by the Charlotte Bobcats in the 2011 NBA draft. His rights were later traded to the Golden State Warriors for cash considerations on draft night. On December 13, 2011, he signed with the Warriors. On February 27, 2012, he was assigned to the Dakota Wizards. On March 6, 2012, he was recalled by the Warriors. For most of his rookie year he received minimal playing time, but on March 21, in a game against the New Orleans Hornets, he was named the Warriors' starting center. He subsequently remained in the team's starting line-up for the rest of the season.
On February 21, 2013, Tyler was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for a future second round pick. On March 6, 2013, he was waived by the Hawks after playing in just one game. On March 18, 2013, he was acquired by the Santa Cruz Warriors.
On November 1, 2013, he was re-acquired by the Santa Cruz Warriors. On November 4, 2013, he was traded to the Erie BayHawks. On December 31, 2013, he re-signed with the Knicks. On January 28, 2014, he recorded a career high 17 points, along with 5 rebounds and 2 blocks, in a 114-88 victory over the Boston Celtics.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Jeremy Tyler NBA & ABA Stats
- Jeremy Tyler Player Profile – RealGM
- Jeremy Tyler's High School Basketball Stats
- Jeremy Tyler goes pro before his junior prom
- Jeremy Tyler Leaving High School To Play Overseas
- Now it's official: Tyler in Haifa
- Jeremy Tyler leaves Maccabi Haifa
- Tyler quits Maccabi with 2 months left
- Jeremy Tyler moves to Tokio Apache
- Tyler to play pro ball in Japan
- "Japan plans basketball expansion after quake". ChinaDaily.com. May 5, 2011. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- Warriors Sign Rookies Klay Thompson & Jeremy Tyler
- Warriors Assign Jeremy Tyler To The Dakota Wizards
- Warriors Recall Jeremy Tyler From The Dakota Wizards
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- Warriors Trade Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta
- HAWKS WAIVE JEREMY TYLER
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Jeremy Tyler
- New York Knicks sign Jeremy Tyler
- Knicks waive Ike Diogu, C.J. Leslie, Josh Powell, Jeremy Tyler, Chris Douglas-Roberts
- The Erie BayHawks acquired the rights to Jeremy Tyler
- BayHawks Complete Training Camp Roster
- Knicks Sign Jeremy Tyler, Waive Chris Smith
- Notebook: Knicks 114, Celtics 88
- Knicks assign Cole Aldrich, Toure Murry, Jeremy Tyler to D-League
- Knicks Recall Three Players from Erie
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- NBA D-League Profile
- Profile at Eurobasket.com