McGlashan playing for Cheltenham Town in 2014
|Full name||Jermaine Dave McGlashan|
|Date of birth||14 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Croydon, England|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Tooting & Mitcham United|
|2007–2008||→ Bracknell Town (dual registration)|
|2008–2009||→ Raynes Park Vale (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 November 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Jermaine Dave McGlashan (born 14 April 1988) is an English professional footballer who plays for Gillingham. McGlashan plays as a midfielder and can play on either wing or behind the striker in an attacking midfield role. He has also played upfront on numerous occasions. McGlashan is well known throughout the English divisions for his blistering pace and direct approach.
In October 2006, McGlashan signed for the Staines Town first team, before being loaned out to Bracknell Town on dual registration terms. In the summer of 2008, he joined Kingstonian before being loaned out to Raynes Park Vale for the 2008–09 season. In July 2009, McGlashan moved on to Merstham before moving on again, this time joining Ashford Town (Middlesex) in December 2009.
In the summer of 2010, McGlashan had trials for Bristol Rovers, Hayes & Yeading United and Southampton before signing for Aldershot Town on a one-year deal. On 10 August, he made his professional debut, when he came on as a second half substitute against Watford in the League Cup.
On 20 January 2012, it was announced that Cheltenham Town had signed Jermaine McGlashan on a two-and-a-half year contract, fighting off competition from League Two rivals Gillingham, for a reported £50-60,000. He was the first Cheltenham player to be signed in a January transfer window requiring a fee. On 25 February 2012, McGlashan got his first Cheltenham Town goal in a 2–0 win over Burton Albion at home. McGlashan also won the club's Man of the Match award that day. McGlashan left the club at the end of the 2013–14 season after rejecting a new contract with the "Robins" after numerous League 1, 2 and Scottish League sides. He then joined League 1 side Gillingham on a two-year contract and was given squad number 11. On his full home debut, he was awarded Man-Of-The-Match for an amazing display in which he hit the post and got an assist.
Style Of Play
Jermaine has lots of pace and is well known for his pace and direct approach. He likes to run at the full-backs and beat them with pace not skill.
- "Player search". English National Football Archive. Retrieved 5 June 2014. (registration required (. ))
- "McGlashan leaves Merstham as Lampter signs". This Is Surrey. 2009-12-23.
- "Shots near to completing new signing". Aldershot Town F.C. 2010-07-29.
- "Aldershot Town 0–3 Watford". Aldershot Town F.C. 2010-08-10.
- "Robins to win McGlashan race". Sky Sports. 2012-01-19.
- "McGlashan inspires Robins to victory". Cheltenham Town F.C. 2012-02-25.
- "Jermaine McGlashan Departs Cheltenham Town". Cheltenham Town FC. 17 May 2014.
- Cawdell, Luke (3 June 2014). "Former Aldershot and Cheltenham Town winger Jermaine McGlashan signs for Gillingham". Kent Online. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jermaine McGlashan.|