Jerome S. Arkenberg is an American historian. He is a History Professor at McHenry County College, Columbia College Chicago, and Waubonsee Community College, the contributing editor for Internet History Sourcebooks Project, Associate Editor for H-Net's H-Law, and the author of entries in Reader's Guides, Historical Dictionaries and Specialist Encyclopedias.
Arkenberg was born and raised in Oak Park, Illinois, and attended Oak Park and River Forest High School. He first studied at Loyola University of Chicago, completing a B.A. with a Double Major in History and Political Science, then went on to receive a Juris Doctor degree at the University of Illinois College of Law. After several years of legal practice in Oak Park and Chicago, he returned to Loyola University of Chicago and completed an M.A. in 1998 in Ancient and Medieval History. He went on to study Medieval History, Manuscripts and Lawbooks at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Jerome has taught at California State University, Los Angeles, Cypress College, Chaffey College, Chapman University, Concordia University, Irvine, California State University, Fullerton, Northern Illinois University, University of St. Francis, University of Illinois at Chicago, Dominican University, Lake Forest College, Waubonsee Community College, Triton College, Columbia College Chicago, and McHenry County College. In addition he has worked as a Law Librarian, Law Clerk, and Attorney at Law in Illinois in State and Federal Courts, and more recently as a Law Clerk in California. He has also worked as a Researcher for the Loyola University of Chicago Department of History and the University of California, Los Angeles Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
In addition to publishing his own work, Jerome has digitized and edited hundreds of historical works that are made available by the Internet History Sourcebooks Project. He has also edited a widely accessed ''Guide to Medieval Terms  and "A List of Fiction For Students of History: Ancient and Medieval".
The Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History, ed. ISBN 0-9743091-0-9
- "Constantine the Great"
A Reader’s Guide to British History, ed. ISBN 1-57958-242-7
- "The Statutes of Quo Warranto to 1485"
- "The General Eyre to 1485"
- "The Thirteenth Century Statutes of Westminster"
- "Law Enforcement in England to 1536".
The Historical Dictionary of Late Medieval England, 1272-1485. ISBN 0-313-29124-1
- "Quia Emptores, Statute of (1290)"
- "Chief Justice Ralph de Hengham, Jurist (d.1311)"
- "Quo Warranto Proceedings and Statutes to 1535."
The Encyclopedia of the Ancient World, ISBN 0-89356-038-3
- "Fulvia (80-40 B.C.E.)"
- "Ælle, King of the South Saxons (450-491 C.E.)"
- "Lucius Licinius Lucullus (117-56 B.C.E.)"
Late Medieval Age of Crisis and Renewal, 1300-1500: A Biographical Dictionary. ISBN 0-313-30588-9
- "Thomas Bourgchier, Cardinal Archbishop of Canterbury (1411-1486)"
- "Nicholas Hereford, Oxford Theologian & Lollard (1355? - 1420?)"
- "Philip Repyngdon, Cardinal, Bishop of Lincoln, and Lollard (1360?- 1424)"
- "Ranulf Higden, Historian (fl. 1299-1364)"
- "John of Fordoun, Historian (d. 1384-87?)"
- "Andrew of Wyntoun, Historian (1350? - 1420-25?)".
- Garth Fowden’s "Empire to Commonwealth: Consequences of Monotheism in Late Antiquity" (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1993), International Journal of Ancient Iranian Studies, Vol. 1, No. 2 (2002) 57-61.
- Jan Bremmer's "The Early Greek Concept of the Soul" (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1983), in The Pomegranate: A Journal of Pagan Studies 15 (2001): 55-56.
- "The Proletariat's Proletariat", Senate Forum, XVIII:2 (Spring 2003), 15.
- "We can beat terrorists, but they can’t whip U.S.," Orange County Register, October 14, 2001.
- "The Story Behind a Stray Medieval Manuscript Leaf" Harvard Library Bulletin (Winter 1997) New Series, v. 8, no. 4, p46-54.
- "Licinii Murenae, Terentii Varrones, and Varrones Murenae. II: The Enigma of Varro Murena," Historia 42:4 (1993): 471-491.
- "Licinii Murenae, Terentii Varrones, and Varrones Murenae. I: A Prosopographical Study of Three Roman Families," Historia 42:3 (1993): 326-351.
- Editor, The Naked Past: Revealing Records of Human History, Medieval Civilization, New Edition, 2010.
- Editor, The Naked Past: Revealing Records of Human History, Modern Times, 2009.
- Editor, The Naked Past: Revealing Records of Human History, Ancient Civilization, New Edition, 2008.
- Editor, The Naked Past: Revealing Records of Human History, Western Civilization, New Edition, 2008.
- Editor, The Naked Past: Revealing Records of Human History, World History, Third New Edition 2008.
- Editor, Africa: Now and Forever, 2007.
- Author, The Naked Past Uncovered: A Course of Lectures, 2 Vols. 2002.
- "News of Alumni". Loyola History News. Winter 2002–2003. Archived from the original on 2007-02-09. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- Profile on H-Net
- Senate Forum, Academic Senate, California State University, Fullerton. Volume XVIII, Number 2, Spring 2003
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project: Honor Roll
- Select Publications that Have Drawn on Special Collections from Harvard Law School