Jerome Clark (born November 27, 1946) is an American researcher and writer, specializing in unidentified flying objects and other paranormal subjects. He has appeared on ABC News Special Report, Unsolved Mysteries, Sightings and the A&E Network.
Clark has served as a writer, reporter, and editor for a number of magazines which cover UFOs and other paranormal subjects. He has been an editor of Fate magazine and International UFO Reporter, and a board member of the Center for UFO Studies.
In the 1990s Clark authored the UFO Book, an abridged version of The UFO Encyclopedia, which won the 1998 Benjamin Franklin Award in the Science/Environment category sponsored by the Independent Book Publishers Association.
In its review of his 1999 book “Cryptozoology A to Z”, Salon.com commented that Clark and co-author Loren Coleman "show a touchingly supportive nature" for a subject often criticized for lack of scientific rigor.
Sunday Express combined its review of Clark's 2000 book, Extraordinary Encounters, An Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrials and Otherworldly Beings with another similar book entitled UFOs and Popular Culture by James R. Lewis, calling both books "inexplicably entertaining" and commenting that they "manage throughout to maintain a healthy rationality and openmindedness, neither over-sceptical nor too ready to believe the claims of the UFOmongers."
Songwriting and music reviews 
Clark has written songs which have been recorded or performed by musicians such as Emmylou Harris, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Tom T. Hall and has collaborated with Robin and Linda Williams. He has also written a number of reviews of American folk music albums and CDs for Rambles magazine.
- Extraordinary Encounters: an Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrials and Otherworldly Beings, 2000, ABC-CLIO. ISBN 1-57607-379-3
- Encyclopedia of Strange and Unexplained Physical Phenomena, 1993, Thomson Gale Press, ISBN 0-8103-8843-X
- The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial, 1997, Visible Ink Press, ISBN 1-57859-029-9
- The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon From The Beginning (2-Volume Set), 1998, Omnigraphics Books, ISBN 0-7808-0097-4
- Strange Skies: Pilot Encounters with UFOs, 2003, Citadel Books, ISBN 0-8065-2299-2
- Unexplained: Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences, and Puzzling Physical Phenomena, second edition, 2003, Visible Ink Press, ISBN 0-7808-0715-4
- Unnatural Phenomena: A Guide to the Bizarre Wonders of North America, 2005, ABC-Clio Books, ISBN 1-57607-430-7
- Hidden Realms, Lost Civilizations, and Beings from Other Worlds, 2010, Visible Ink Press, ISBN 1-57859-175-9
- Cryptozoology A to Z: The Encyclopedia of Loch Monsters, Sasquatch, Chupacabras, and Other Authentic Mysteries of Nature by Loren Coleman and Jerome Clark. Simon and Schuster, 1999. ISBN 0684856026
- The Unidentified & Creatures of the Outer Edge by Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman. Anomalist Books, 2006. ISBN 1933665114
- Earths Secret Inhabitants by D Scott Rogo and Jerome Clark. Tempo Books, 1979. ISBN 0-448-17062-0
- The Unidentified: Notes Toward Solving the UFO Mystery by Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman. Warner Paperback Library, 1975. ISBN 0-446-78735-3
- Creatures of the goblin world by Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman. Clark Publications, 1984
- Spacemen, demons, and conspiracies by Jerome Clark. Fund for UFO Research, 1997
- Strange & Unexplained Happenings: When Nature Breaks the Rules of Science by Jerome Clark and Nancy Pear. UXL Publishing. ISBN 0-8103-9780-3
- "Jerome Clark". Contemporary Authors Online. June 12, 2002. Retrieved on April 11, 2012.
- "Fate Magazine Takes the Fringe of Lunacy and Makes It Believable". Youngstown Daily Vindicator. August 19, 1982. Retrieved on April 11, 2012.
- Nickell, Joe. "Alien implants: The new 'hard evidence'". September/October 1998. Skeptical Inquirer. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "The CUFOS Organization". The Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS). Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Burgess, Steve. "Loren Coleman, Loch Ness snowman of cryptozoology". Monday, Aug 16, 1999. Salon.com. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- Hartston, William (May 27, 2001). ""Extraordinary Encounters" Jerome Clark. "UFOs and Popular Culture" James R. Lewis. Both ABC-CLIO; Inexplicably entertaining". Sunday Express.
- "Jerome Clark". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Jerome Clark: Reviews by Jerome include:" from Rambles.com; URL accessed March 06, 2007
- Story, Ronald D. "Clark, Jerome", p. 74-76 in The Encyclopedia of UFOs; Ronald Story, editor; 1980, ISBN 0-385-13677-3
- Story, Ronald D. (Ed.), The Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrial Encounters, New American Library, 2001.