Jerome Edgar Horton (born September 14, 1956, in Pine Bluff, Arkansas) is the Chair of the California Board of Equalization and is also member for the 4th District. He is a former California State Assemblyman for the 51st District who served from 2000 until 2006.
On July 15, 2009, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger nominated Horton for the 4th district of the California Board of Equalization to replace Judy Chu, who resigned from the board to become a member of the United States House of Representatives. Horton was confirmed by the both houses of the Legislature and sworn into office on October 5, 2009, at which point he was immediately elected the Board's Vice Chair. On November 2, 2010, he was elected to his own four-year term. In 2011, Horton was elected Chair of the Board.
Horton worked for the California Board of Equalization for over 20 years.
|2010 California State Board of Equalization Member 4th District|
|Democratic||Jerome Horton (incumbent)||1,223,906||71.8%|
|American Independent||Shawn Hoffman||215,639||12.6%|
|Libertarian||Peter "Pedro" De Baets||198,575||11.6%|
|Peace and Freedom||Nancy Lawrence||68,577||4.0%|
|2006 California State Board of Equalization Member 4th District Democratic Primary|
|Democratic||Vonny T. Abbott||32,020||6.5%|
|2004 California State Assembly elections, 2004|
|Democratic||Jerome Horton (incumbent)||89,509||84.1%|
|Libertarian||Daniel R. Sherman||16,941||15.9%|
|2002 California State Assembly elections, 2002|
|Democratic||Jerome Horton (incumbent)||49,718||100.0%|
- Goldmacher, Shane (July 17, 2009). "Schwarzenegger appoints former Democratic lawmaker to tax board". Los Angeles Times.
- Anita Gore (October 6, 2009). "Jerome E. Horton Named Vice Chair of the Board of Equalization". California Board of Equalization.
- "State Board of Equalization; District 4 Voter Information". League of Women Voters Smart Voter. November 30, 2010.
- Anita Gore (January 26, 2011). "Jerome E. Horton Named Chairman of the State Board of Equalization". California Board of Equalization.
- 2004 State Assembly Results
- 2002 State Assembly Results
|California State Assemblyman
Curren D. Price, Jr.
|California State Board of Equalization Member
|This article about a member of the California State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|