|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2009)|
|Sufism and Tariqa|
The Jerrahi (Turkish: Cerrahiyye, Cerrahilik) are a Sufi tariqah (order) derived from the Halveti order. Their founder was Muhammad Nureddin al-Jerrahi, who lived in Istanbul and is buried at the site of his tekke in Karagumruk - Istanbul. During the late Ottoman period, this order was widespread throughout the Balkans, particularly Macedonia and southern Greece (Morea).
Founded in the 17th century by Muhammad Nuraddin al-Jarrahi, the Halveti-Jerrahi Order of Dervishes is a cultural, educational, and social relief organization with members from diverse professional, ethnic and national backgrounds.
Al-Jarrahi was a direct descendant of Muhammad both from his mother and father. The path he founded is dedicated to the teachings and traditions, through an unbroken chain of spiritual transmission (silsilah), that go directly back to Muhammad.
The head dergah "convention" of the Halveti-Jerrahi order is in Karagumruk - Istanbul. It has branches in some European countries, Australia, South Africa, South America and North America, including Los Angeles, New York, Mexico, San Francisco, Toronto and Chicago.
Branches of the Halveti-Jerrahi conduct gatherings where the dervishes perform Sufi remembrance ceremonies (dhikr), practice sufi music, serve dinner, pray together and listen to the discourses (sohbets) of their Sufi guides.
This order was brought to western countries by the 19th Grand Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak (also known as "Muzaffer Efendi"), who died in 1985. From 1985 to 2000 the Grand Sheikh was Sefer Dal Efendi. Since 2000 the Grand Sheikh is Tugrul Efendi.
- Galibi Order
- Halveti Jerrahi order of America
- Halveti Jerrahi order in Mexico
- Halveti Jerrahi order in Canada
- Halveti Jerrahi order in Argentina, tekke of Orhan Baba. Murillo 686, Buenos Aires Tel: (5411) 48575336
- Halveti Jerrahi order in Argentina
- Halveti Jerrahi in Chicago
- Halveti Jerrahi in Los Angeles
- Halveti Jerrahi order in Italy
- Halveti Jerrahi Order in Brazil
- First khalyfa Jerrahi in Italy (died 2010)
- Interview with Sheikh Tosun Bayrak al-Jerrahi
- Interview with Sheikh Ragip al-Jerrahi
- Interviews with Rabbi David Edelman and Sheikh Tosun Bayrak al-Jerrahi
- The Unveiling of Love Sufism and the Remembrance of God By Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak
- IRSHAD Wisdom of a Sufi Master By Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak Al-Jerrahi
- Garden of Paradise - Sufi Ceremony of Remembrance - Music CD Sheikh Muzzafer Ozak and the Halveti-Jerrahi Order of Dervishes
- Lifting the Boundaries: Muzaffer Efendi and the Transmission of Sufism to the West by Gregory Blann