||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Genres||Fiction, Cozy mystery, Mystery|
Originally from Illinois, Jerrilyn Farmer majored in Acting and English at Northern Illinois University,  and moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. However she found a career writing for television, mainly for game shows and sketch comedy. Her first novel Sympathy for the Devil (1998) was nominated for an Agatha award and an Edgar award and won the Macavity Award. Her second was nominated for an Agatha award and a Lefty award. She has also taught mystery writing at the UCLA Extension's Writers Program.
Madeline Bean Series:
- Desperately Seeking Sushi (2006)
- The Flaming Luau of Death (2005)
- Perfect Sax (2004)
- Mumbo Gumbo (2003)
- Dim Sum Dead (2001)
- Killer Wedding (2000)
- Immaculate Reception (1999)
- Sympathy for the Devil (1998)
- (with Joan Rivers) Murder at the Academy Awards (2009)
- Lindsay, Elizabeth Blakesley (2007). Great Women Mystery Writers. Greenwood Press. p. 80. ISBN 0-313-33428-5.
- "Jerrilyn Farmer." The Writers Directory. Detroit: St. James Press, 2012. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 1 Sep. 2012.
- Mystery authors website
- "Jerrilyn Farmer." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 1 Sep. 2012.
- Harper Collins author information
- Clair E.White 'A Conversation with Jerrilyn Farmer' in Writers Write; The Internet Writing Journal