February 19, 1991 |
Binghamton, NY, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Rochester Americans (AHL)
Toronto Maple Leafs
|NHL Draft||158th overall, 2009
Toronto Maple Leafs
Jerry Vincent D'Amigo (born February 19, 1991) is an American ice hockey right winger. He is currently playing for the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL). D'Amigo was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 6th round (158th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
D'Amigo played for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) of the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). He finished fifth nationally in points per game by a rookie (0.97), led RPI in game-winning goals, and finished second in shorthanded goals. He won the ECAC Rookie of the Year and also was named to the ECAC Rookie Team. Jerry graduated from Johnson City High School in 2009 in Johnson City, New York
On August 11, 2010, D'Amigo signed a three year entry level contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. After the signing of the contract D'Amigo received a $270,000 signing bonus on top of the average starting NHL salary of $810,000. If D'Amigo is sent to the Leafs' AHL team in Toronto he will be making a slightly less amount to the tune of $67,500. He tried out for the Leafs during training camp with the Leafs having the option to keep him on the team, send him to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Toronto Marlies, or the Ontario Hockey League's Kitchener Rangers. D'Amigo was eventually sent to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League with an option to send him to the Kitchener Rangers before Feb 10 2011. D'Amigo thought he was safe from being sent down, but a few days before the deadline he was sent down. He had 14 points in 41 games with the Marlies when he got sent down. He had 10 point and 7 assists in his first 6 games with the Rangers.
On December 5, 2013, D'Amigo was called up to the Maple Leafs for the first time, to make his NHL debut with Toronto in a 3-2 win over the Dallas Stars. On December 14, 2013, D'Amigo scored his first NHL goal against Antti Raanta of the Chicago Blackhawks. He also got his first NHL assist that game.
On July 1st, 2014, D'Amigo was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Matt Frattin. A 7th round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft was also sent to the Blue Jackets. D'Amigo and the Blue Jackets agreed to terms on a one year, two-way contract on July 29, 2014.
|Competitor for USA|
|World Junior Championships|
|IIHF World U18 Championships|
D'Amigo represented the US, for the first time, at the 2009 IIHF World U18 Championships where he helped them win gold and led the US Team in scoring and was 5th overall with 13 points. He represented the US a second time at the 2010 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships where he won gold and finished 4th in scoring with 12 points. He represented the US once again at the 2011 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships where he won a bronze medal and finished with 2 points.
Regular season and playoffs
|2007–08||U.S. National Under-18 Team||NAHL||44||5||12||17||58||3||1||1||2||6|
|2008–09||U.S. National Under-18 Team||Ind||53||23||33||56||61||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||U.S. National Under-18 Team||NAHL||11||8||6||14||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||ECAC||35||10||24||34||37||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||22||1||2||3||0||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|IIHF World U18 Championships First Team All-Star||2009|
|All-ECAC Hockey Rookie Team||2009–10|
- "Maple Leafs ink forward Jerry D'Amigo - 2010 Offseason News". Nhl.com. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "A Quick Rise For Leafs Draft Pick - Toronto Maple Leafs - News". Mapleleafs.nhl.com. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- Pollard, Dave. "NHL responsible for NCAA exodus | Hockey | Sports". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Report: D'Amigo to leave RPI to sign pro contract with Leafs". Tsn.ca. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- Maple Leafs Prospect Jerry D’Amigo Makes Immediate Impact in the OHL - The Hockey Writers |
- TheRecord - D’Amigo not thrilled to join Rangers
- Twitter / LeafsPR: #Leafs have recalled forward Jerry D'Amigo from the Toronto Marlies (AHL). #TMLtalk
- "Jerry D'Amigo Game Log". Toronto Maple Leafs. Retrieved 25 December 2013.
- "Blue Jackets sign forward Jerry D'Amigo". NHL.com. July 29, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- "Columbus Blue Jackets Acquire Center Luke Adam From Buffalo Sabres in Exchange for Left Wing Jerry D'Amigo". NHL.com. December 16, 2014. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Elite Prospects
- Jerry D'Amigo's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Jerry D'Amigo's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year