25 October 1988 |
|Playing darts since||2003|
|Walk-on music||Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||143|
|BDO majors - best performances|
|World Masters||Last 16: 2010|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 32: 2013|
|European Ch'ship||Last 16: 2012|
|UK Open||Last 128: 2012|
|Other tournament wins|
In 2012, he qualified for the European Championship through the European Order of Merit, and beat Mensur Suljović 6–2 in the first round. He played fifteen-time world champion Phil Taylor in the second round and in an even contest, Hendriks was edged out 7–10, stating afterwards that his goal for the remainder of the season was to qualify for the World Championship for the first time. He achieved this by finishing eighth on the European Order of Merit, taking the fourth and final spot that was available for non-qualified players. Hendriks beat Wayne Jones 3–0 in the first round, winning each of his sets by three legs to two and clinched the match with a 156 checkout. He faced Taylor again in the second round and won the first set, but went on to lose 1–4. Hendriks was ranked world number 58 after the event, inside the top 64 who guarantee their entry into all the PDC Pro Tour events for 2013.
He had a poor run of form in the 2013 UK Open qualifiers as he played in all eight but only won two matches to not even feature in the UK Open Order of Merit as he failed to earn any money. Hendriks qualified for three European Tour events during the year but lost in the first round on each occasion. He held on to his place on the tour by being ranked 57th after the conclusion of the 2014 World Championship.
Hendriks qualified for the 2014 German Darts Masters and lost 6–4 to Magnus Caris in the first round. The £1,000 he earned was the only money he won during the whole year and, as he lost the £10,000 from the 2013 World Championship in the rankings, he fell 86 places during the year to world number 143. Hendriks was unable to earn a tour card through Q School, but will still have entry into European Tour and UK Open qualifiers in 2015.
World Championship results
- 2013: Second round (lost to Phil Taylor 1–4)
- "Jerry Hendriks BDO Results". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "European Championship Draw". PDC. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "PartyPoker.net Euro Champs - Thurs". PDC. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "PartyPoker.net Euro Champs - Sat". PDC. Retrieved 23 September 2012.
- "Ladbrokes World Championship Field". PDC. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "2013 PDC World Championship Qualifiers". Darts Database. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Ladbrokes WDC Day Two". PDC. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Ladbrokes WDC Day Eight". PDC. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Order of Merit on 1 January 2013". PDC. Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Jerry Hendriks 2013". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Order of Merit on 2 January 2014". PDC. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC German Darts Masters Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Jerry Hendriks 2014". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 1 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Order of Merit on 5 January 2015". PDC. Archived from the original on 18 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 18 January 2015.