||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Jerry Hey is an American trumpeter, flugelhornist, horn arranger, string arranger, orchestrator and session musician who has played on hundreds of commercial recordings, including Thriller and the distinctive flugelhorn solo on Dan Fogelberg's hit "Longer".
Hey was born in Dixon, Illinois, in 1950, to parents well known in the area for their involvement in music. He attended the National Music Camp for two summers. While in college, Hey studied under Bill Adam at Indiana University.
- 1981 - Best Instrumental Arrangement
- 1982 - Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- Jerry Hey & Quincy Jones (arrangers) for "Ai No Corrida" performed by Quincy Jones
- 1983 - Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocal(s)
- 1984 - Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or A Television Special
- 1991 - Best Arrangement on an Instrumental
|This section requires expansion. (March 2012)|
With Lalo Schifrin
- No One Home (Tabu, 1979)
|This article about a jazz trumpeter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|