Jerry Mays (running back)
|Date of birth:||December 8, 1967|
|Place of birth:||Augusta, Georgia|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (170 cm)|
|Weight:||176 lb (80 kg)|
|1990||San Diego Chargers|
Career highlights and awards
|Awards:||ACC Rookie of the Year (1985)|
|Playing stats at|
Mays remains both the all time and single season rushing leader at Thomson High School in Thomson, Georgia. While at Thomson Mays had over 1,000 yards twice in his career. During the 1983 season he finished with 1,666 yards and the 1984 season with a whopping 2,369 yards.
Mays played college football at Georgia Tech. After being offered a scholarship by only one division 1-A school he was the 1985 ACC Rookie of the Year under Coach Bill Curry. Through the 2006 season Mays was still 2nd all time on the Georgia Tech career rushing yards list with 3,699. He was inducted into the Georgia Tech Hall of Fame in 1997.
Mays played in two games during the 1990 season for the Chargers of the NFL.
- Georgia Tech Athletics Hall of Fame (1997)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (1985) 
- Georgia Tech 2nd All-Time Rushing yards leader (1985–1989) 
- Thomson High School (GA) All-Time Rushing Yards Leader (1982–1984) - 4,741 yards 
- Thomson High School (GA) Single-Season Rushing Yards Leader (1984) - 2,369 
- "Fate often plays role in football recruiting". USA Today. 2005-02-02.
- "Georgia Tech Athletics Hall of Fame". RamblinWreck.com. Georgia Tech Athletic Association. Retrieved 2007-09-25.