Jersey City YMCA
Jersey City YMCA
|Location||654 Bergen Avenue, Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Area||3 acres (1.2 ha)|
|Architect||John F. Jackson|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival, Renaissance|
|Governing body||New Hope Housing|
|NRHP Reference #||99001314|
|Added to NRHP||November 12, 1999|
|Designated NJRHP||September 29, 1999|
The Jersey City YMCA, is located in Bergen Section of Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. The YMCA building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 12, 1999. The building is an example of an early twentieth century Renaissance Revival style. Built in 1923, in 1995 the building ceased to be used by the YMCA and was converted into affordable housing.
- Bergen Section, Jersey City
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hudson County, New Jersey
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Hudson County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. July 7, 2009. p. 7. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
- http://www.njcu.edu/programs/jchistory/Pages/Y_Pages/YMCA.htm Accessed March 4, 2009.
- "$500,000 Jersey Y.M.C.A". The New York Times. November 10, 1922.
- "POSTINGS: 'Supportive Housing' in Jersey City; Mixed Uses In an Old Y". The New York Times. April 1, 2001.
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|