Jersey Community High School
|Jersey Community High School|
|Motto||Just Commit to Higher Success|
|Established||1874, original school
2006, current building
|Type||Public High School|
|Asst. Principal||Lori Hopkins|
|Faculty||91 teachers and staff|
|Location||801 North State Street
Jerseyville, Illinois, United States
|District||Jersey Community Unit School District 100|
|Colors||Columbia Blue, White|
Jersey Community High School is a public high school in Jerseyville, Illinois. It is part of the Jersey Community Unit School District 100. Jersey Community High School has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students and currently employs 91 teachers and staff members.
The present school building was built during the 2005 school year on an adjacent site. The new facility was opened on January 17, 2006 when the students returned after an extended winter break.
"The learning community is committed to the improvement of the school environment through the increased involvement of students, parents, and school personnel. Our intent is the development of the necessary skills in our students to become life long learners, responsible citizens, and productive members of society."
The school has the following athletic programs:
Clubs and organizations
The school has the following organizations:
- Brent Hawkins - professional football player for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL, and formerly for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL
- Eric S. Pistorius - currently a circuit court Judge of the Seventh Circuit in Illinois
- Jana Shortal - Television news reporter in Minneapolis, Minnesota for KARE.
- Victor Ojeda - television reporter at KPLR-TV in St. Louis, Mo.
- Jersey Community High School website