|Key people||Jonathan Carter (Director)
Philip Thomas (Finance Director)
Mr C Jones (Chairman)
Jurat P Nicolle (Vice Chairman)
Jersey Heritage is an independent trust in Jersey which is responsible for the island's major historic sites, museums, and public archives. It holds collections of artefacts, works of art, documents, specimens, and information relating to Jersey's history, culture, and environment.
The Trust was formally registered in Jersey on 3 June 1983.
The Trust is financed by an annual grant from the States of Jersey, sponsorships, and venue admission fees.
Jersey Museum and Art Gallery
The Jersey Museum and Art Gallery is located at Weighbridge Place, in St Helier.
In 2012, exhibits include some works by Claude Cahun, a French artist, and her lesser-known stepsister Marcel Moore, as well as John Singleton Copley's large oil painting The Death of Major Peirson, which is on loan from the Tate, and John Everett Millais' portrait painting of Lillie Langtry, a Jersey-born singer and stage actress. Langtry held her wedding reception at The Royal Yacht Hotel, which is next-door to the museum.
The Jersey Archive, established in 1993, is located in a building on Clarence Road, in St Helier.
It has the responsibility of cataloging and storing historical documents and works of art, and to make archived items available to the public. This includes the initial examination of the Grouville Hoard, found in 2012.
Other properties managed
- Maritime Museum, New North Quay, St Helier
- Occupation Tapestry Gallery at the Maritime Museum
- Mont Orgueil Castle, Gorey
- Elizabeth Castle, St Helier
- Hamptonne Country Life Museum
- La Hougue Bie
- Seymour tower
- La Rocco tower
- Fisherman’s Cottage, St Helier
- Marine Peilstand 2, also known as Radio Tower
- La Crête Fort
- La Tour Cârrée
- L’Etacquerel Fort
- Fort Leicester, 19th century fort
- Lewis Tower
- Kempt Tower
- Archirondel Tower
- Barge Aground, seaside folly built in the 1930s
- "2010 Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "jht heritage 2006.indd" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Wall removed at Jersey Museum for Major Peirson painting". Bbc.co.uk. 2012-04-04. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Jersey Archive". Jerseyheritage.org. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Jersey Archive add documents to website". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Fort Leicester". Jersey Heritage. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "Barge Aground". Jersey Heritage. Retrieved 2013-04-30.