Jersey Shore Wildcats
|Jersey Shore Wildcats|
|City||Trenton, New Jersey|
|League||Northern States Junior Hockey League (NSHL)|
|Home arena||Jersey Shore Arena|
|Colors||red, white, black
|General manager||Eric Brule|
|Head coach||Eric Brule|
|Affiliates||Wichita Falls Wildcats|
|2013-present||Jersey Shore Wildcats|
The Jersey Shore Wildcats are a Tier III Junior "A" ice hockey team from Wall Township, New Jersey. They are a member of the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU)-sanctioned Northern States Junior Hockey League (NSHL).
The team was founded in 2009 as the Trenton Habs and joined the International Junior Hockey League (IJHL) for the 2008-2009 season as an associate member, playing a season of exhibition games against IJHL teams as well as participating in league showcase and national championship tournament. The team joined the IJHL as a full member for the 2010-11 season in the IJHL's Jr. Super Elite League. The Habs finished the 2009-10 season winning the IJHL Super Elite National Championship. In the summer of 2012, the IJHL folded causing the Habs and many former teams of the IJHL Super Elite Division to form the Northern States Junior Hockey League under the AAU.
In May 2013, it was announced that the organization joined forces with the Wichita Falls Wildcats of the North American Hockey League to give players more opportunities and exposure and renamed the team the Jersey Shore Wildcats.
|Northern States Junior Hockey league|
|2012-13||42||24||16||2||50||163||121||3rd of 7||lost 1/4 Finals|
|2013-14||40||19||18||3||41||129||134||5th of 9||Won League|
- 2014 Won League
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated Junior Mariners 2-games-to-1
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated AHI Fighting Spirit 1-games-to-0 (5 - 3)
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated Wilkes-Barre Miners 1-games-to-0 (4 - 3)
- 2013 Eliminated 1/4 Finals
- Eastern Kodiaks defeated Jersey Shore Wildcats
UHU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- 2014 Finished 6th of 6
- El Paso Rhinos (WSHL) defeated Jersey Shore Wildcats 3 - 1
- AHI Fighting Spirit (NSHL) defeated Jersey Shore Wildcats 5 - 1
- Traverse City Hounds (MWHL) defeated Jersey Shore Wildcats 6 - 3
- Stein, Steve (May 2, 2013). "Trenton Habs Capture Super Elite National Title". Junior Hockey Magazine. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "NSHL ANNOUNCES 2012-13 SEASON SCHEDULE". NSHL. July 11, 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "AAU sanctions Northern States Junior Hockey League". Junior Hockey News. June 5, 2012. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Trenton Habs to Become Jersey Shore Wildcats". NSHL. May 2, 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
|This American ice hockey team-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|