Jerusalem Township, Lucas County, Ohio
|Jerusalem Township, Lucas County, Ohio|
Jerusalem Township in Lucas County
|• Total||265.8 sq mi (688.4 km2)|
|• Land||30.4 sq mi (78.7 km2)|
|• Water||235.4 sq mi (609.7 km2)|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||102/sq mi (39.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086526|
Located in the far eastern part of the county along the shores of Lake Erie, it borders the following townships and city:
- Put-in-Bay Township, Ottawa County - east, across Lake Erie
- Carroll Township, Ottawa County - southeast
- Benton Township, Ottawa County - south
- Allen Township, Ottawa County - southwest
- Oregon - west
Name and history
It is the only Jerusalem Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. One of the trustees serving at the present moment was convicted of domestic violence.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jerusalem township, Lucas County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.