From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jerusalem was the first center of the church, according to the Book of Acts, and according to the Catholic Encyclopedia: the location of "the first Christian church". Jerusalem church may refer to:
- Early centers of Christianity#Jerusalem
- Council of Jerusalem
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Patriarchate of Jerusalem (disambiguation)
- Church of Jerusalem (disambiguation)
- Jerusalem Church (Berlin)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jerusalem church.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Jerusalem (A.D. 71-1099): "During the first Christian centuries the church at this place was the centre of Christianity in Jerusalem, "Holy and glorious Sion, mother of all churches" (Intercession in "St. James' Liturgy", ed. Brightman, p. 54). Certainly no spot in Christendom can be more venerable than the place of the Last Supper, which became the first Christian church."