Life and career
Prescott was born in Washington, DC, adopted, and raised in Hartsville, South Carolina. She is best known for her role as Jacqui in the first season of the television series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in 2010. Prescott, a resident of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, divides her time between that city and Los Angeles. Prescott was originally cast for just two episodes of the premiere season of The Walking Dead. However, her character, Jacqui, was then written into the series cast of the season as well. Prescott reprises her role as Jacqui in the third season episode "Hounded", as one of the voices that speaks to Rick on the phone.
Most recently, Prescott recurred at Cherry in "Ray Donovan" on Showtime. Prescott also appeared as a Judge Delilah Nunes in the Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, which debut on CBS in 2011. Additionally, Prescott appear as Felicite in the 2011 film, Bolden!. She has also cast in a film produced by Harry Lennix which is based on William Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part 1. On television, she also guest-starred on Brothers & Sisters, Southland, Parks and Recreation and Revolution.
|2003||The Epicureans||Tina Williams|
|2005||The Skeleton Key||Mama Cecile|
|2008||Vacancy 2: The First Cut||Deputy|
|2009||The Life I Meant to Live||Narvis|
|2009||Rx||Principal Simmons||TV movie|
|2012||The Wedding||Madame Secretary||Short|
|2013||Get a Job||Assistant Principal|
|2006||One Tree Hill||Counselor||1 episode|
|2008||Criminal Minds||Medical Examiner||1 episode|
|2009||Hawthorne||Nursing Attendant||1 episode|
|2010||Brothers & Sisters||Waitress||1 episode|
|2010, 2012||The Walking Dead||Jacqui||Season 1 (recurring; 5 episodes)
Season 3 (guest; 1 episode (voice))
|2011||Southland||Nina Brown||1 episode|
|2011||Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior||Judge Delilah Nunes||1 episode|
|2011||Parks and Recreation||Bank teller||1 episode|
|2014||Eagleheart||Angry Onlooker||1 episode|
|2014||Modern Family||Woman||1 episode|
|2014||Gang Related||Brenda Plemmons||1 episode|
- Clodfelter, Tim (2010-11-14). "AMC gives early renewal to zombie hit The Walking Dead". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "TV Tidbits: Local actress discusses season finale of 'Walking Dead'". Winston-Salem Journal. 2010-12-12. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- amctv.com (2011-04-18). "Q&A – Jeryl Prescott (Jacqui)". Blogs.amctv.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- New Jersey. "'The Walking Dead' recap: Seance hotline". NJ.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Jeryl Prescott Sales - About This Person - Movies & TV". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.