||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Also known as||Acustic
|Genres||Electronic music, ambient, IDM|
|Years active||1980x - present|
|Associated acts||Future 3
People Press Play
Jesper Skaaning (aka Acustic) is a Danish electronic musician, producer and film composer. He started his career as a guitarist in various experimental punk bands in the early 1980s and was inspired by European electropop and early electronic Music, especially by Kraftwerk. At that time he formed a band, Acustisk Ungdom, from which he later took his name.
He formed the Future 3 electronic trio together with Anders Remmer (aka Dub Tractor) and Thomas Knak (aka Opiate) in 1994. He is also a member of People Press Play (which is Future 3 plus Sara Savery) and has a duo project with Remmer, Jesper & Anders aka Recycler 202.
With his sense of harmony, and his consciously minimalist approach, Skaaning constructs a sound which is forthcoming without trying too hard to please.
At the moment Jesper is working together with guitar and bassplayer Djon on the sideproject Spring, which is a return to more guitar oriented material with discrete use of vocals.
- Tease (12”) - (Flex Records, 1995)
- No 1 (CD, Album) - (April Records, 1996)
- No 2 (12”) - (April Records, 1997)
- Star Quality (CD) - (April Records, 1998)
- Split (12") (with Goodiepal) - (Hobby Industries, 2000)
- Split (12”) (with RJ Valeo) - (Hobby Industries, 2002)
- Welcome (CD)- (Rump Recordings, 2005)
- Jesper Skaaning at the Internet Movie Database
- Jesper Skaaning at Discogs
- Welcome album review
- Acustic at MySpace
- Bogdanov, Vladimir (2001-05-24). All music guide to electronica: the definitive guide to electronic music. Backbeat Books. pp. 217–. ISBN 978-0-87930-628-1. Retrieved 22 September 2011.