|Author||H. Rider Haggard|
|Publisher||Smith, Elder & Co.|
Haggard wrote the book in 1885, primarily in his Chambers where he was working as a barrister. King Solomon's Mines had been an enormous success but Haggard says he had been "somewhat piqued by the frequent descriptions of myself as 'a mere writer of romances and boys’ books' ".
The book was highly successful.
- R.D. Mullen, The Books of H. Rider Haggard: A Chronological Survey Science Fiction Studies, # 16 = Volume 5, Part 3 = November 1978 accessed 13 December 2013
- "REVIEW.". Freeman's Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1932) (Sydney, NSW: National Library of Australia). 9 July 1887. p. 17. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- H Rider Haggard, The Days of My Life Chapter 10 accessed 21 December 2013
- H Rider haggard, The Days of My Life, Chapter 11 accessed 21 December 2013
- "Rider Haggard.". Oakleigh Leader (North Brighton, Vic. : 1888 - 1902) (North Brighton, Vic.: National Library of Australia). 24 November 1888. p. 9. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- Jess (1912) at IMDB
- Jess (1914) at IMDB
- Heart and Soul at IMDB