April 20, 1986 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|June 5, 2009 for the St. Louis Cardinals|
(through 2010 season)
|Earned run average||7.62|
Jesse Ray Todd (born April 20, 1986) is an American professional baseball pitcher in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization. From the University of Arkansas, he was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals in second round (82nd overall) of the 2007 amateur entry draft. He is 5' 11" and weighs 210 pounds.
Todd completed his first year of collegiate baseball at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas. He transferred to the University of Arkansas for his sophomore year, where he worked under Dave van Horn. He completed his junior year as a Razorback before being selected 82nd overall in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft. Todd also played for the Kelowna Falcons, an independent summer baseball team in the West Coast League.
St. Louis Cardinals
Todd was named St. Louis Minor League pitcher of the year, and also achieved Texas League and Florida State League mid-season All-Star status. He played in the 2008 All-Star Futures Game in Yankee Stadium.
After spending most of his time with the Triple-A Columbus Clippers and making limited appearances with the Indians in 2009 and 2010, Todd was designated for assignment on April 30, 2011 to make room on the 40-man roster for Alex White.
New York Yankees
Return to St. Louis
Todd played in the Detroit Tigers organization in 2012.
Todd signed a minor league deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks in November 2013.
- "Jess Todd." 1/25/2006. Arkansas Razorbacks Profile. Retrieved on March 26, 2009.
- "Jess Todd and Daryl Jones Named St. Louis Cardinals Minor League Pitcher and Player of the Year." September 30, 2008. Article. Retrieved on March 26, 2009.
- Colorado vs. St. Louis, Box Score, MLB.com (June 5, 2009)
- Indians acquire RHP Jess Todd
- Yankees claim RHP Jess Todd, DFA utility man Kevin Russo
- Yankees call up RHP Sanit, option INF Pena, USA Today, May 12, 2011.
- Cardinals Claim Jess Todd, MLBTradeRumors.com, May 16, 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Outrighted To Triple-A: Todd, Gibbons, Kouzmanoff". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 11 June 2011.