Jesse Plemons, February 2007
April 2, 1988
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
After appearing in the films Varsity Blues and All the Pretty Horses, and guest-starring on Walker, Texas Ranger and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Plemons' first prominent role was in the 2002 film Like Mike alongside Bow Wow and Jonathan Lipnicki. He later went on to appear in Children on Their Birthdays and When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, with guest roles on the television series Judging Amy, The Lyon's Den, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Grey's Anatomy between 2003 and 2006.
In 2006, Plemons joined the ensemble cast of NBC's television series Friday Night Lights, detailing the fictional events surrounding a high school football team in Dillon, Texas. In the show's first season, his character Landry Clarke provided comic relief as the best friend of football quarterback Matt Saracen, though Landry himself was not on the team. He says that, among the cast and crew, it was a joke that Plemons played football better than most of the other actors even though his character was one of the few that did not play. Landry joined the football team in the second season, and Plemons, having played high school football before, told director Jeffrey Reiner that he would do his own stunts. In his first football scene, Plemons as Landry had to "get the crap beat out of [him] over and over and over again". When hit by co-star Taylor Kitsch, his chin split open and he had to have 11 stitches. He is the second-youngest original main cast member on the series, behind Aimee Teegarden.
He reunited with Kitsch and Friday Night Lights creator Peter Berg in the 2012 film Battleship. Berg, who directed the film, explained he knew how comfortable Kitsch was with Plemons, "I know that he’s really good for Taylor and he makes Taylor better. So, I wrote that whole part for Jesse." He added, "I never thought of it as a Friday Night Lights reunion. I thought of it as protection, bringing a trusted family member in."
Plemons was raised in Mart, Texas. He resides in Austin. In 2007, he graduated from the Texas Tech University Independent School District, a distance learning program, which allowed him to earn his high school diploma. He also writes songs, plays guitar and sings in the band Cowboy and Indian.
|1999||Varsity Blues||Tommy Harbor|
|2000||All the Pretty Horses||Young Grady|
|2002||Children on Their Birthdays||Preacher Star|
|2003||When Zachary Beaver Came to Town||Jay|
|2008||Sky Kids||Bully #1|
|2009||Observe and Report||Charles|
|Meeting Spencer||Spencer West|
|2012||The Master||Val Dodd|
|Battleship||Jimmy 'Ordy' Ord|
|2000||Walker, Texas Ranger||Russell, Jr.||Episode: "The General's Return"|
|2001||The Guardian||Lawrence Neal||Episode: "Paternity"|
|Sabrina, the Teenage Witch||Bigger Kid||Episode: "Really Big Season Opener"|
|2003||The Lyon's Den||Ray Ferris||Episode: "The Other Side of Caution"|
|Judging Amy||James Franklin||Episode: "Marry, Marry Quite Contrary"|
|2004||Huff||Dawson James||Episode: "Cold Day in Shanghai"|
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Owen Durbin||Episode: "Down the Drain"|
|2006||Grey's Anatomy||Jake Burton||Episode: "Yesterday"|
|NCIS||Jason Geckler||Episode: "Deception"|
|2006–2011||Friday Night Lights||Landry Clarke||Main Cast|
|2008||Fear Itself||Lemmon||Episode: "The Sacrifice"|
|2009||Cold Case||Ryan Stewart||2 episodes|
|2011||Childrens Hospital||Jesse||Episode: "Father's Day"|
|2012–2013||Breaking Bad||Todd Alquist||Main Cast|
|2013||The Missionary||Sherwood Elbridge||TV Movie|
- "JESSE PLEMONS as Landry Clarke". NBC. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Kubicek, John (October 26, 2007). "Exclusive Interview: 'Friday Night Lights' Star Jesse Plemons". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Porter, Rick (October 11, 2007). "A chat with 'FNL's' Jesse Plemons". Zap2it. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Radish, Christina (March 19, 2012). "Brooklyn Decker and Director Peter Berg Talk BATTLESHIP, Naval Warfare and the Design of the Aliens at WonderCon". Collider.com. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- ""Friday Night Lights" alum Plemons joins "Breaking Bad"". Yahoo! News. May 17, 2012. Retrieved May 18, 2012.
- Ryan, Maureen (March 20, 2007). "Jesse Plemons of 'Friday Night Lights'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "‘Friday Night Lights’ Star Earns Diploma at a Distance Through Texas Tech Independent School District" (Press release). Texas Tech University. May 1, 2007. Retrieved 2008-11-15.