||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
Jessi Combs (born in Rapid City, South Dakota), is an American television personality and metal fabricator who appeared from 2005 to 2008 on the Spike show Xtreme 4x4 which is a part of the Powerblock on Spike. Combs was cast as a co-host of Xtreme 4x4 along with Ian Johnson after an international search which required contestants to send audition videos to Spike. Prior to appearing on Xtreme 4x4 she appeared on the TLC program Overhaulin' as a guest fabricator.
After high school Combs turned down a scholarship to attend a prestigious interior design school. In 2004, she graduated from WyoTech in the Collision & Refinishing Core Program at the top of her class. She also took the Street Rod Fabrication and Custom Fabrication and High Performance Powertrain programs.
In February 2008, Combs announced that she would leave Xtreme 4x4 to pursue a career in TV "hosting".
On October 2, 2012, Combs became a co-host with Chris Jacobs for the new sixth season of Overhaulin' on the Discovery Channel.
On October 9, 2013, Combs drove the North American Eagle (NaE) Supersonic Speed Challenger at the Alvord desert, claiming the women's land speed record with an official run of 392.954 mph (632 km/h) and a top speed of 440.709 mph (709 km/h).In doing so, she broke the 48-year-old women's land speed record, a 308.51 mph run average, set by Lee Breedlove in 1965.
- "Jessi Combs - Facebook Official Page". facebook.com. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Fastest woman on four wheels crowned after 440mph record run - MSN Cars UK, 13 October 2013
- "Jessi Combs breaks 48-year old land speed record". Gizmag. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Jessi Combs." discovery.com, 2009.
- Autobiography on Jessi Combs' Official Website
- Article about her attending WyoTech
- Official Discovery Channel biography
- Jessi Combs at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Overhaulin'
- All Girls Garage TV Schedule
- The List