Jessica Hart (model)
26 March 1986 |
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Weight||123 lb / 56 kg|
|Hair color||Naturally dark brown|
|Measurements||34-24-34 (US); 86-61-86 (EU)|
|Dress size||36 (EU), 6 (US)|
Jessica Hart (born 26 March 1986) is an Australian model who appeared in the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She was born in Sydney, Australia. She was discovered in Melbourne and has appeared on the cover of Australian Vogue.
Early life and discovery
Hart attended Sophia Mundi Steiner School in Collingwood, Victoria until she was noticed at the age of 15 at a local shopping centre. Another story of her rise to fame has her encouraged by an aunt to enter a modeling competition hosted by Dolly Magazine in 2000. She won the competition with her mother, Rae, and sister, Ashley, as witnesses at Crown Casino. She is known for a gap-tooth smile.
In 2008, she considered a role in an Entourage-like drama alongside Alyssa Sutherland. In May 2009, Australian media reported that Hart had signed on to appear in advertising for Victoria's Secret. With Heidi Klum, Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima all pregnant in the fall of 2009, Hart appeared extensively in the season's Victoria's Secret catalogs.
She is represented by Chadwick Models.
She has been on the covers for magazines such as Vogue Australia, Cover, Karen Magazine, Time Out Magazine, Shape magazine Germany, Elle Denmark, Elle Spain, and Elle Italia. She has appeared in editorials for Vogue Australia, Cover, Karen Magazine, Fashion Quarterly, Elle Denmark, Harper's Bazaar Australia, Harpers Bazaar Italia, Elle Italia, Cleo Magazine Australia, Vogue Mexico, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Madison Magazine, A Magazine, City Magazine, Social Life Magazine, Melbourne Magazine, US Glamour, 'Elle Spain, Elle Italia, Elle US, Elle Argentina, Fashion Quarterly, T Magazine, Time Out Magazine, Foam Magazine, Doingbird Magazine, Love Magazine, Shape magazine Germany, and Interview Magazine.
Her advertisements include Scotch And Soda, H&M, Seafolly, Victoria's Secret, Gap, Target, Myer, Harris Scarfe, Gestuz, Guess, John Frieda, L'Oréal, Moschino, Cool Change, Pencey Standard, Portmans, Cue, Wayne by Wayne Cooper, Luca and Marc, Zimmermann, Shopbop, Newport News, Bettina Liano, Grass Clothing, Century 21, La Redoute, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Esprit, Karen Millen and Venus Swimwear.
In 2010, Hart walked in the Spring/Summer 2011 shows for Gottex Swimwear, PPQ, Louise Gray, Emilio de la Moreno, Osman, Sass & Bide, Julien MacDonald, Matthew Williamson, Antonio Berardi, Christopher Kane, David Koma, Giles Deacon, Charlie Le Mindu and Jon. In 2012 she became the face of the new Scotch And Soda line Été Blanc for Maison Scotch.
In early 2012, Jessica had a couple of minor accidents - breaking her ankle and then in a separate incident, cutting her foot on glass at a wedding, which led to nerve damage in her foot. This led to Jessica being out of action from the catwalk for a few months.
Hart and her then-boyfriend, Tamarama band member and fellow Australian Nicolas Potts, purchased a $1-million one-bedroom property in Manhattan's Battery Park during the summer of 2008. Hart also purchased her mother, Rae, a Holden car for her birthday. Hart and Potts mutually ended their long-term relationship in 2010.
- "A model Aussie". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Digital). 31 July 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Jessica Hart". Fashion Model Directory. Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Gap in Guess and Harris Scarfe for Jessica Hart". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd). 8 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.[dead link]
- Lewis, Felicity (29 February 2008). "Model hunter". The Age. Fairfax Digital. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Byrne, Fiona (29 June 2008). "Jess takes Hart from exposure". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd). Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Gallery: Jessica Hart". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Out with the pout". The Age (Melbourne: The Age Company Ltd.). 1 September 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Jessica Hart given Elle of a lift". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd). 22 December 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Life's a moving catwalk for Jessica Hart". Herald Sun (The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd). 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.[dead link]
- "Another Aussie signs with Victoria's Secret". National Nine News. ninemsn Pty Ltd. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "Jessica Hart joins Miranda Kerr in Victoria's Secret". The Daily Telegraph. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "We Hear . . .". New York Post. 30 September 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- Cronick, Scott (5 February 2009). "Casinos / Casino Action / 'Hell's Kitchen' debuts - Trop gala benefits chefs". The Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Jessica Hart Profile". Australian Fashion Review. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Model Jessica Hart and lover Nicholas Potts buy unit in Manhattan". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Caines, Catherine (4 January 2009). "Life's a beach for model Hart". The Daily Telegraph (News Limited). Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Woolnough, Damien (August 2008). "The Other Nicole: Behind the scenes with Vogue Australia cover model Nicole Trunfio". Australian Vogue. News Magazines Pty Ltd. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Baker, K.C., Jennifer Garcia, Kristen Mascia and Lesley Messer (5 November 2008). "Caught in the Act!". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Jessica Hart at the Fashion Model Directory
- Jessica Hart at the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Jessica Hart Profile on Australian Fashion Review