Jessica Lee Goldyn
|Jessica Lee Goldyn|
Staten Island, New York, U.S.
|Years active||2006 ─ present|
Jessica Lee Goldyn (born December 1985) is an American Broadway actress who performed in the revival of A Chorus Line as Val. She played the lead role of Cassie from August 10, 2008 opposite Mario Lopez who played the character Zack, until the show ended its Broadway revival run on August 17, 2008. Goldyn had been an understudy for the lead character of Cassie.
Goldyn grew up in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey where she spent her early years dancing. She attended the Professional Performing Arts School in New York but never graduated. Instead she received her GED after getting hired in a non-Equity tour of Fosse.
Goldyn has trained with the New Jersey Ballet Company and has been a student and instructor at the Worth Tyrrell Studios.
Goldyn was a Children's Foundation for the Arts grant recipient from 1998-2003. (www.childrensfoundationforthearts.org)
Goldyn has been credited in various roles over the years. Some of them include: Fosse, regional production of A Chorus Line also as Val, Sweet Charity as Charity, Ensemble of A Christmas Carol at North Shore Music Theatre, and Ensemble of Pippin at the Arvada Center. Goldyn has previously played the Chorus Line character Cassie before, as well as Val in addition to title roles in Sweet Charity and Pippin.
Broadway: A Chorus Line
Goldyn made her Broadway debut on October 5, 2006 when she opened as Val in the revival of A Chorus Line. Goldyn is one of the few original cast members who closed the show.
Other Stage Work
On the Town
Goldyn has been cast as Ivy in the production of On the Town. This was the opening production of New York City Center's 2008-2009 Encores! season. Part of a city-wide celebration this season of Leonard Bernstein's 90th birthday who wrote the original score for On the Town. Goldyn will be starring next to Justin Bohon as Chip, Christian Borle as Ozzie and Tony Yazbeck as Gabey. The other female romantic counterparts of the three sailors on shore leave in the Big Apple will be Leslie Kritzer as Hildy Esterhazy and Jennifer Laura Thompson as Claire DeLoone. On the Town first opened in 1944 at the Adelphi Theatre.
Crazy for You
In August 2010 Jessica replaced Felicia Finley as Lola in Damn Yankees at the John W. Engeman Theater in Northport.
- "Cast". A Chorus Line. Archived from the original on 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "D'Amboise to Leave A Chorus Line Before Closing; Goldyn is Final Cassie". Broadway.Com. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Jessica Lee Goldyn". IBDB Internet Broadway Database. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Ronni Reich/The Star-Ledger. "A Chorus Line: Ready to tread the boards". NJ.COM. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Broadway bound: Arvada Center actress wins a key role in 'Chorus Line'". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved 2008-01-18.[dead link]
- "Jessica Goldyn". New Jersey Theater. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Celebrity Buzz: Who's Who Jessica Lee Goldyn". Playbill. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Headlines:Complete Cast Announced for On the Town at Encores!". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2008-10-28.[dead link]
- "Crazy for You, with Goldyn and Yazbeck, at Maine State". Playbill. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Anderson, Sills, Crampton, Goldyn to lead Paper Mill Playhouse Peter Pan.". Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- William Westhoven. "Broadway's Goldyn heading for Neverland at the Paper Mill". Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- IBDB Jessica Lee Goldyn at the Internet Broadway Database
- A Chorus Line: Now Playing On Broadway; The Cast: Jessica Lee Goldyn (Val)
- Playbill: Jessica Lee Goldyn
- Broadway.Com: On The Line: Meeting The Stars Of A Chorus Line
- CBS Evening News: Jersey Girl Is A Singular Sensation
- MASTER CLASS with Jessica Lee Goldyn
- Rocky Mountain News - Broadway bound: Arvada Center actress wins a key role in 'Chorus Line'
- The New Yorker - Toeing The Line: "A Chorus Line" is back on Broadway
- NJ.COM - A Chorus Line: Ready to tread the boards