McNamee at A Few Best Men movie premiere In Sydney, Australia, in January 2012
|Born||1986/1987 (age 26–27)|
Jessica McNamee is an Australian actress. McNamee rose to fame playing roles in the Seven Network television programmes Home and Away and Packed to the Rafters. McNamee went on to film roles after leaving the latter.
McNamee secured a role in the Seven Network soap opera Home and Away playing the role of Lisa Duffy. McNamee later went onto star as Sammy Rafter in the television series Packed to the Rafters. In 2009, McNamee was a contestant on the ninth series of Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with dancer Stefano Olivieri and they were eliminated before the final. The role of Sammy left McNamee keen to lose the "good girl" image the role created. In the series production breaks she decided to take on different roles. McNamee starred in the horror film The Loved Ones; which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2009. In July 2010, the Seven Network announced that McNamee had decided to quit Packed to the Rafters. When her final scenes aired in August,Woman's Day reported McNamee had chosen to leave the show because she was tired of her co-star Jessica Marais receiving critical acclaim and gaining more public recognition. However, McNamee told a writer for the Herald Sun that the story was untrue.
In mid-2010 she went on to film the short film 50-50.
McNamee went onto secure a role in the 2012 film The Vow. She filmed the project in Toronto alongside Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. McNamee described working on the film as a "surreal experience".
In 2013, she returned to "Packed to the Rafters" for the final season as a special guest star.
|2007||Home and Away||Lisa Duffy||Guest role|
|2008–10, 2013||Packed To The Rafters||Sammy Rafter||Regular role 2008-10, Guest 2013; 55 episodes|
|2010||Loved Ones, TheThe Loved Ones||Mia|
|2010||50-50||Nelly Cameron||Short film|
|2012||Vow, TheThe Vow||Gwen Thornton|
|2013||White Collar||Penny Chase||Guest role|
- Black, Elisa (21 March 2009). "V8 fever in the family". Sunday Mail. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Jessica McNamee". tvnz.co.nz. (TVNZ). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Duck, Siobhan (30 June 2010). "Jessica McNamee to smash her Packed To The Rafters' good-girl image". The Daily Telegraph. (News Limited). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Jess McNamee". Yahoo!7. (Yahoo! and Network Seven). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Paatsch, Leigh (4 November 2010). "The Loved Ones movie review". Herald Sun. Australia: (The Herald and Weekly Times). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Lacey, Liam (20 September 2009). "Precious looks golden after People's Choice win". Globe and Mail. Canada: (Globe Life Network). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Jessica McNamee leaving Packed To the Rafters". The Daily Telegraph. (News Limited). 30 July 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Chesterton, Lucy (9 August 2010). "Why Jessica McNamee really quit Rafters". Woman's Day. (ACP Magazines). Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Rafters star makes a family vow". Herald Sun (Australia: The Herald and Weekly Times). 2 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jessica McNamee.|
|This article about an Australian television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|