|Member of Parliament
for Newport East
5 May 2005
|Preceded by||Alan Howarth|
29 May 1968 |
|Alma mater||University of Birmingham|
In 1991 Morden worked for Huw Edwards, MP for Monmouth and between 1992 and 1995 she worked for Llew Smith, MP for Blaenau Gwent. Before becoming an MP, Morden was General Secretary of the Wales Labour Party and organized some of the election campaigns for the 1997 election.
Morden claimed a total of £167,060 in expenses in 2007/08, the 30th highest amount claimed by the 643 members of the House of Commons. Morden used some of the expenses allowance which was unspent from the previous year to provide additional office space after having a baby; the previous year she claimed £133,592, the 406th highest that year.
- "Thrilled to win right to fight for city seat". South Wales Argus. 21 February 2005. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Chalk, Ailsa (31 March 2009). "Gwent MPs claim £896,337 in the last year". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Jessica Morden". TheyWorkForYou. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- YPTE: Presidents
- Jessica Morden MP official constituency website
- Jessica Morden MP Labour Party profile
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Newport East