||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Jessica Zafra (born 1965) is a fiction writer, columnist, editor, publisher, and former television and radio show host. She is known for her sharp and witty writing style. Her most popular books are the Twisted series, a collection of her essays as a columnist for newspaper Today (now Manila Standard Today), as well as from her time as editor and publisher of the magazine Flip. She currently writes a weekly column for InterAksyon.com, the online news portal of TV5. She resides in Metro Manila, Philippines, where she is working on her first novel. She also managed the Eraserheads during the 90's.
Her work often are about current events (both Philippine and international), tennis, movies, music, cats, books, technology, and her personal life. Her work has been the subject of academic study. The main ingredient to her work is often fun cynicism and irony.
She went to St. Theresa's College, Quezon City, from prep school until 6th Grade. After which, she went to the main campus of the Philippine Science High School then to the University of the Philippines and majored in Comparative Literature.
- 500 People You Meet in Hell
- Manananggal Terrorizes Manila and Other Short Stories, 1992
- Womenagerie and Other Tales from the Front, 1995
- Twisted, 1995
- Twisted II: Spawn of the Twisted, 1996
- Fruitcake, 1997 (as editor)
- Planet of the Twisted, 1998
- Chicken Pox for the Soul, 1999
- Twisted IV
- Twisted V
- Twisted 6
- Twisted 8: Night of the Living Twisted
- Twisted Flicks
- Twisted Travels
- Twisted 8½
- Twisted 9
- The word-eaters
- Flip (as Editor-in-Chief)
- Twisted's Greatest Hits'
- "Points of View", Studio 23
- "Twisted on a Sunday", 103.5FM K-Lite
- 1991 Palanca Award, 1st Place, Short Story Category for "Portents"
- 1993 Palanca Award, 3rd Place, Short Story Category for "Bad Boy, Robin, Baad, Baad Boy"
- 1994 Palanca Award, 3rd Place, Short Story Category for "Black"
- "Jessica Zafra is Powerbooks' author of the month", The Manila Times, 11 February 2008, p. C1. Retrieved 20 November 2013
- "Jessica Zafra and Cory Quirinoto Sign Books", Philippine Daily Inquirer, 2 September 2002, p. E8. Retrieved 20 November 2013
- "Review: Twisted 8 1/2 by Jessica Zafra", abs-cbnnews.com, 27 January 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2013
- Jessica Zafra Podcast
- Jessica Zafra Podcasts 2012-present
- Works by or about Jessica Zafra in libraries (WorldCat catalog)