5 May 1987
|Years active||2007 – present|
Cave was born in west London, and is the second eldest of five siblings. Her father works as a general practitioner. Her grandfather was Chief Secretary of Hong Kong, Tasmanian-born Sir Charles Philip Haddon-Cave.
A former county-level swimmer and ex-national tennis player, she studied Illustration and Animation at Kingston University. She had originally intended to study stage management at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, and worked in London as a stagehand, before deciding to pursue acting.
An open casting call was held for the part of Lavender Brown in the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on 1 July 2007. Cave, who came from an agency, beat over 7,000 girls who turned up for the audition and obtained the role as Lavender.
Cave runs the website www.pindippy.com, which features, amongst other creations, short videos written by and starring Cave herself, with occasional appearances from some of her other Harry Potter co-stars, including Evanna Lynch, Katie Leung, Scarlett Byrne, Georgina Leonidas and Alfred Enoch. Other participants in videos for the site have included her younger sister Bebe, comic Daniel Sloss, actress Sophie Wu, and Chronicles of Narnia star Anna Popplewell.
During 2012, Jessie played the title character in a 2012 production of J.M. Barrie's Mary Rose at the DogOrange Theatre, in London., Zazzy in the final episode of season 2 of Grandma's House, aired on 24 May 2012, and the role of Elder Biddy in the 2012 film adaptation of Great Expectations, based on a novel by Charles Dickens, and directed by Mike Newell. During the filming of Great Expectations, Jessie not only worked alongside her younger sister Bebe (who played the younger Biddy), but was also reunited with her Harry Potter co-stars Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, and Ralph Fiennes.
During 2013, Jessie played a minor role as a waitress named Angela in a 'Medieval Restaurant' in the second series of BBC Three's Pramface, aired on 8 January 2013, before appearing as Theodora Snitch, a character in YouTube's one off revival of the TV series Knightmare, and then as Alicia Ferguson in the CBBC series Wizards vs Aliens episodes 'The Thirteenth Floor' parts 1 and 2.
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Lavender Brown|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1||Lavender Brown|
|2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2||Lavender Brown|
|2012||Great Expectations||Elder Biddy|
|2013||Dani's Castle||Lady Steffy|
- Listal: Jessie Cave
- Roberts, Laura (15 November 2007). "Move over Hermione: Hopefuls disappointed as tap-dancing actress claims Harry Potter role". Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Hoggard, Liz (23 November 2011). "Chic geek: Jessie Cave and her quirky fashion label". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "7,000 show up for Lavender Brown auditions". veritaserum.com. 7 January 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- "Who's the next big thing in 2008?". CBBC. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Bosanquet, Theo. "Critics Hail Stoppard's Arcadia". Review Round-up. Whatsonstage.com. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- "Theatre503 Presents BREED, 9/21-10/16". Broadway World.com. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- "Sadie J, Slumberlicious". BBC Online. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- Pindippy web site
- "My jailed Harry Potter co-star is the victim of a make-believe world". The Guardian.
- "Jessie Cave cast as title role for 'Mary Rose' in London theatre". Mugglenet.com.
- First Helena Bonham Carter and Jessie Cave photos from Mike Newell's Great Expectations SnitchSeeker.com