5 May 1987
Cave was born in west London, and is the second eldest of five siblings. Her father works as a general practitioner. Her grandfather was Chief Secretary of Hong Kong, Tasmanian-born Sir Charles Philip Haddon-Cave. Her younger sister Bebe is also an actor.
A former county-level swimmer and ex-national tennis player, she studied illustration and animation at Kingston University. She had originally intended to study stage management at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, and worked in London as a stagehand, before deciding to pursue acting.
Cave won the role of Lavender Brown in the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince through an open casting call held on 1 July 2007. Cave, who came from an agency, beat over 7,000 girls who turned up for the audition. She also performed the voice of Lavender in the video-game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Cave runs the website www.pindippy.com, which features, amongst other creations, short videos written by and starring Cave herself, with occasional appearances from some of her other Harry Potter co-stars, including Evanna Lynch, Katie Leung, Scarlett Byrne, Georgina Leonidas and Alfred Enoch. Other participants in videos for the site have included her younger sister Bebe, comic Daniel Sloss, actress Sophie Wu, and Chronicles of Narnia star Anna Popplewell.
During 2012, Cave played the title character in a 2012 production of J.M. Barrie's Mary Rose at the DogOrange Theatre, in London., Zazzy in the final episode of season 2 of Grandma's House, aired on 24 May 2012 , and the role of Elder Biddy in the 2012 film adaptation of Great Expectations, based on a novel by Charles Dickens, and directed by Mike Newell. During the filming of Great Expectations, Cave not only worked alongside her younger sister Bebe (who played the younger Biddy), but was also reunited with her Harry Potter co-stars Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, and Ralph Fiennes.
During 2013, Jessie played a minor role as a waitress named Angela in a 'Medieval Restaurant' in the second series of BBC Three's Pramface, aired on 8 January 2013, before appearing as Theodora Snitch, a character in YouTube's one off revival of the TV series Knightmare, and then as Alicia Ferguson in the CBBC series Wizards vs Aliens 2-part episode "The Thirteenth Floor".
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Lavender Brown|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1||Lavender Brown|
|2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2||Lavender Brown|
|2013||Dani's Castle||Lady Steffy|
|2013||Wizards vs Aliens||Alicia Ferguson|
- Listal: Jessie Cave
- Roberts, Laura (15 November 2007). "Move over Hermione: Hopefuls disappointed as tap-dancing actress claims Harry Potter role". Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Hoggard, Liz (23 November 2011). "Chic geek: Jessie Cave and her quirky fashion label". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "7,000 show up for Lavender Brown auditions". veritaserum.com. 7 January 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- "Who's the next big thing in 2008?". CBBC. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- Bosanquet, Theo. "Critics Hail Stoppard's Arcadia". Review Round-up. Whatsonstage.com. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- "Theatre503 Presents BREED, 9/21-10/16". Broadway World.com. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- "Sadie J, Slumberlicious". BBC Online. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- Pindippy web site
- "Jessie Cave cast as title role for 'Mary Rose' in London theatre". Mugglenet.com.
- First Helena Bonham Carter and Jessie Cave photos from Mike Newell's Great Expectations SnitchSeeker.com