Jessie St. James
|Jessie St. James|
November 30, 1953 |
|Other names||Jesie St. James, Jessie Chandler, Sara Jean|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg)|
|No. of adult films||48 (not including compilations, per IAFD)|
She made her debut in hardcore pornographic films in 1975 with a small part in Blue Heat. She acted on and off for several years, then began working full-time in 1979. Among her earlier films were Blonde Fire, Easy and Insatiable. St. James was older than most of her contemporaries, and she played characters like housewives or schoolteachers in most of her notable roles. She worked with some of the top names of the 1970s and 1980s such as Brooke West, Desiree West, Juliet Anderson, Marilyn Chambers, Lisa De Leeuw, Samantha Fox, Seka, Serena, Vanessa del Rio, John Holmes, Paul Thomas and Herschel Savage. Her role in Easy with Georgina Spelvin and Desireé Cousteau established her as a star. By the mid-1980s, she was regarded as a veteran of the adult industry.
In the film Boogie Nights, Melora Walters's character Jessie St. Vincent was partly based on her. Her work has been anthologized in several retrospectives of classic performances. She has been inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame and, in 1998, into the XRCO Hall of Fame.
St. James also shares the name of another adult film star who made a series of adult films from 2003 to 2006.
- Blue Heat (1978)
- Blond Fire (1979)
- Sensual Fire (1979)
- Easy (1979)
- Fantasy World (1979)
- Female Athletes (1979)
- The Filthy Rich (1980)
- Insatiable (1980)
- Vista Valley P.T.A. (1980)
- Talk Dirty To Me (1980)
- Blondes Have More Fun (1981)
- Charli (1981)
- Centerspread Girls (1982)
- Oriental Hawaii (1982)
- Between Lovers (1983)
- Feels Like Silk (1983)
- Extremes Verlangen junger Hausfrauen (Silk Satin Sex) (1983)
- Nurses of the 407th (1983)
- Only the Best (1986)
- True Legends Of Adult Cinema: The Golden Age (1992)
- Girls Who Were Porn's First Superstars (1999)
- "Jessie St James at FreeOnes". Freeones.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-12.
- Jessie St James Biography
- Ian Charles Jarvie (1986). Thinking about society: theory and practice. Springer. pp. 410, 418. ISBN 90-277-2068-1.
- James Mottram (2006). The Sundance Kids: How the mavericks took back Hollywood. Macmillan. p. 193. ISBN 0-571-22267-6.
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- "jessie st. james - internet adult film database". iafd.com. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Spokane Daily Chronicle - Dec 24, 1980